You're invited to see 17 speakers discuss and debate the state of social media in Australian business.Sydney
Are you a CMO, marketing or communications manager, entrepreneur, CEO, community manager or social media practitioner?
Discover where social media is going in today’s business world. From its impact now & in the future, to how we compare to the rest of the world, where the opportunities are, how to build your profile & community, and how social media is being used in established businesses and in fast-growth firms.
Learn from the speakers’ real-world business experience. Be entertained and challenged in a thought provoking series of panel discussions and short, sharp, 18 minute TED-style presentations.
Meet The Speakers
Adam FranklinMarketing Manager at Bluewire Media @Franklin_Adam Welcome address + lessons from the USA trip
Melissa Jun RowleyChange agent and CNN journalist @melissarowley Co-host & International Keynote
Jeff Bullas#11 Forbes Most Influential in Social Media @jeffbullas The Blogger who built a profile one tweet at a time
Iggy PintadoDirector of Solutions and Marketing at UXC Connect @iggypintado Connection Generation
Laurel PapworthTop 100 Influential Women on Twitter and Online Community Manager @SilkCharm Social Media Money - 22 revenue streams in social media
Georgina DentReporter at BRW Magazine @georgiedent Navigating Social Media
Jess WhittakerBrand Evangelist at BuzzNumbers @jessdoubleya Navigating Social Media
Vivienne StoreyGeneral Manager at Blands Law @mysocialpolicy Navigating Social Media
Brett KellyCEO at Kelly+Partners @KellyPartners Using LinkedIn to save a fortune on recruiting
Mike O'HaganOwner/Founder at MiniMovers @mrminimovers How marketing has really changed – the views of an Australian Entrepreneur
Simon TownsendInnovation Manager at Deloitte @wittering The benefits of a socially enabled business
Valerie KhooManaging Director at Sydney Writers' Centre @valeriekhoo The Future: where to from here for Australian business?
Ross DawsonFuturist @rossdawson The Future: where to from here for Australian business?
Sharon WilliamsCEO & Founder at Taurus Marketing @SharonWilliams_ The Future: where to from here for Australian business?
Jonathan CrossfieldBlogger at Atomik Soapbox @kimota Message VS Medium: which is more important?
Amanda GonzalezManaging Director at Untangle the Web @untangle Message VS Medium: which is more important?
Glenn MurrayCopywriter & author of SEO Secrets at Divine Write @divinewrite Message VS Medium: which is more important?
Event: Social Media Down Under 2012
Date: Wed 13th June, 8am – 6pm
Venue: Maritime Museum Auditorium, 2 Murray St, Darling Harbour, Sydney
Format: 18 mins TED-style – with 5 mins Q&A
Numbers are limited.
Get up close with 17 social media professionals in an intimate auditorium in Sydney’s Darling Harbour.
What do you think?
Terms and Conditions
By purchasing a ticket in the Social Media Down Under Event (Event) Attendees agree to these Terms and Conditions, which forms the contract between the Attendee and Bluewire Media Pty Ltd ACN 115 735 192
1.1 Event inclusions
Your ticket to the Event includes:
- Morning and afternoon tea;
- Attendance at all sessions as per the Agenda;
- Materials as provided by the speakers; and all other inclusions as described on the invite.
- Full refund will be given if you cancel more than 3 business days prior to the event. Please notify the event organiser.
- Attendees may transfer their ticket to another person so long as they notify the Event Organiser before the Event of the information about the person who is attending in your place.
- If Attendees do not attend the Event, for whatever reason, they are not entitled to a refund.
- If Attendees do not find the Event valuable, you are entitled to a full refund. Please let the Event Organiser know with 24 hours after the event.
1.3 Event cancellation and changes
- The Event Organiser reserve the right to cancel the Event if necessary for whatever reason at its sole discretion. If the Event is cancelled, the Event Organiser will refund the Attendee’s Attendance Fees within seven (7) days of being notified of the cancellation. At least three (3) days notice of the cancellation will be provided to attendees if the Event is cancelled.
- If an Attendee is unable to attend the Event, they may transfer the ticket to another person, providing the Attendee notifies the Event Organiser with the substitutes full contact details at least three (3) days before the Event starts.
- The Event Organiser reserves the right to make changes to the Event schedule, substitute speakers on the day of the Event or make any other changes that it deems to be necessary.
1.4 Intellectual Property
Each of the speakers owns Intellectual Property in the materials they present at the Event. Unless
they advise otherwise, Attendees are provided with a limited licence to use the materials for their own
use. Attendees must not:
- make any recordings during the Event without permission from the event organiser;
- alter, copy or reproduce any of the Materials unless the materials are available under Creative Commons 3.0
- on-sell or supply any of the materials presented without permission.
- The Event Organiser excludes liability to the fullest extent possible (whether arising in contract or tort (including negligence) or under any statute) for any Consequential Loss suffered by an Attendee in connection with their attendance at the Event.
- The Event Organiser limits its liability for breach of warranty under this Agreement, or for a breach of a condition or warranty it cannot lawfully exclude to the extent permitted by law, and is fair and reasonable for Event Organiser to do so, to the cost of the Attendance Fee.
The Event Organiser complies with the National Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). Attendees may be required to complete other documentation, such as questionnaires which are necessary to conduct the Event to a professional standard. By purchasing a ticket, Attendees consent to the Event Organiser taking photographs and including their image in future promotional material about similar Events.