What I learnt in a 2 minute ice bath (Wim Hof) [#71]
[QT Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia]
I did a 2 min ice bath following the Wimhof breathing technique. This was part of the “Flow Retreat” I did recently.
Here’s what I learnt:
Hi, guys. It’s Adam Franklin. I’ve actually just done an ice bath. It’s part of an activity for this weekend retreat that I’m on, or during the week retreat, I should say, and the ice bath is something that I’ve never done like this before. We actually submerged ourselves for two minutes. The initial reaction was super restricted and fearful, and it hurts and everything else, but then what the instructor was getting us to do is just breathe really slowly.
So on the out breath, you actually start to feel warmer if you go really slow. And then you breathe in through the nose for hopefully about, I think it was, six or 10 seconds, and then out slowly through your gritted teeth. It actually made the experience quite pleasurable and enjoyable. So the moral of the story is, sometimes the natural response is fear or pain, but with breathing, you can actually turn that around and flip it on its head so that it’s actually enjoyable. I think there’s lots of other applications for that in life, too. So, that’s it from the ice bath. Catch you later.
MY MARKETING METHODOLOGY
PS. When you're ready, here are 5 ways we can help you grow:
1. Web Strategy Planning Template (PDF). Our flagship 1-page tool we co-created with David Meerman Scott. It’s been downloaded over 1 million times and featured on Forbes.
2. Read a free chapter from our book: Web Marketing That Works --- an Amazon #1 best seller.
3. Join my private invitation-only group on Facebook. It's a great place to get to know us better and hang out with peers.
4. Watch my pitch-free ‘LinkedIn 101’ on-demand training on improving your profile, building your network and growing your pipeline on LinkedIn.
5. Work directly with me. Book a LinkedIn Growth Session and we can explore how you can get 10 new sales conversations in the next 30 days.
- The 6 to 7 Figures Show – Episode 021: Adam Franklin – Jul 4, 2019
- Don’t create a marketing prison [#76] – Jun 12, 2019
Content Marketing Sales Funnel
Your content marketing sales funnel is all about getting people to know, like and trust you by nurturing them with the right information at the right time.