Awesome example of stop-motion video.
- Don’t forget Earth Hour tonight! — 8.30-9.30pm
- Google Search gets Aussie algorithm update — SMH
- Twitter introduces text ads — The Guardian
- Vent your road rage on NRMA’s experimental social site — RoadTube.com.au
- Including Recommendations in User Interfaces to Enhance Motivation — UX Matters
- The 10 most common reasons for poor usability – part 1 — Experience Solutions
- The 10 most common reasons for poor usability – part 2 — Experience Solutions
- Good call-to-action buttons — UX Booth
- Facebook Relents: Users get more control with redesign tweaks — TechCrunch
- The Flickr Story — Inc.com
Updated on November 26th, 2019
Facebook strategy ideas
Over the next few of my posts, I’ll share some ideas on what we recommend implementing in terms of a social media strategy.
Before I start, I thought it was be wise to clarify how I define social media & web 2.0
Social Media – (also known as social network websites) is online communities that allow people to interact in much the same way as they would in the real-world.People can be friends, contact each other, join groups, look at friend’s photo albums.…Continue Reading
BlackBerry came up with this attack on the Apple iPhone:
BlackBerry shows Apple who’s boss!
And Apple responded only two weeks later:
Re: BlackBerry bullet shows Apple who’s boss!
Updated on December 21st, 2016
- Get ready for Earth Hour — 28 March 2009
- What’s in store for the web? — BBC
- ABC Mobile goes live — mUmBRELLA
- Apple showcases iPhone 3.0 software updates — SMH
- The Semi-Permanent design conference hits Brisbane Saturday 8 April. Get your tickets now!
- Tickets are also on sale for the Search Engine Optimisation & Internet Marketing seminar on Wednesday 1 April — AIMA
- 5 writing tips for web designers — Web Designer Wall
- Removing poor quality content increases customer satisfaction — Giraffe Forum
- The power of utilising videos on a website — William
- Fantastic Puma commercial — Motionographer
- Good call to action buttons — UX Booth
- All your Photoshop needs in one place — I am Photoshop
- Get Wireframing — Grace Smith
This guy is a classic. His name is Chuck, aka Poetic Prophet and The SEO Rapper.
In this video he raps his ways through a heap of great advice on web design. His tips are spot on too!!
I’m probably a bit late to the party with this one, but I’ve just discovered Searchme and I’m loving it! It’s a visual search engine that borrows Apple’s cover flow browsing technology so you can actually see your search results and flip through them like a photo album.
… Continue Reading
Searchme lets you see what you’re searching for. As you start typing, categories appear that relate to your query. Choose a category, and you’ll see pictures of web pages that answer your search. You can review these pages quickly to find just the information you’re looking for, before you click through.
Facebook wants to know what’s on my mind. And it’s not going to like the answer.
Let me preface this by saying that I didn’t mind the old new Facebook layout. In fact, I thought it was… good. It was easy to get used to and although I can’t exactly remember what changes were made (it left that much of an impression on me) I’m sure it probably made online life easier. That’s not to say it didn’t have its quirks, but overall it reduced my application-invite-spam and I liked it for that.…Continue Reading
- Microsoft testing ‘smart’ search engine — News.com.au
- New search engine could ‘rival Google’ — The Guardian
- The online network you must join — Sydney Morning Herald
- 9 common usability mistakes in web design — Smashing Magazine
- Usability analysis of Apple.com: why is it so good? — Spoonfed Design
- Quick usability checklist — UX Booth
- Convincing computer animation recreates Hudson plane landing — Tech Crunch
- Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak on US Dancing with the Stars — YouTube
- Customer experience during a recession — Elavision
- 50 minimal sites — Web Designer Wall
- 10 excellent open source and free alternatives to Photoshop — Six Revisions
For those who don’t know, ad:tech Sydney is the event for Digital Marketing — this year there were impressive keynote speakers & exhibitors from great technology companies like Facebook, MySpace, Linked In, Google & Yahoo as well as from iconic brands like Kodak and Fuji Xerox and also media companies like Fairfax Digital.
It was great to attend the event & an honour to be invited to moderate the panel discussion at ad:tech on Email Content, Growth & Segmentation Strategies on Tuesday afternoon.
The panel consisted of:
• Adam Franklin (me) Managing Director of Brisbane web design company Bluewire Media.…
It’s good to be back in Brisbane after a few days down in Sydney attending the Adtech conference this week.
We went down excited by the prospect of Adam facilitating a session on email marketing discussing acquisition, retention and marketing strategies. No doubt he’ll fill you in on a bit more detail when he gets the chance.
From my point of view, there were some great keynote addresses from big wigs around the globe particularly discussing digital trends and digital strategies. One of the best sessions was a panel discussion between the regional managers of social networking sites.…Continue Reading