2X your leads with social media (3 case studies)
On my last post, l debunked a few myths to change how to think about social media and online marketing. It really is a digital representation of yourself, your business and your expertise.
You’ve spent so much of your career building your reputation, network and knowledge ‘in real life’ why wouldn’t you reflect that online?
After all that is where most people’s attention is focussed and remember people are already google stalking you long before they ever contact you. This is why it’s so important to shine online!
Today I want to show you how you can use your reputation, network and knowledge to 2X your leads via social media — without paying money to Facebook, Instagram, Google or LinkedIn.
That’s right. Read on, but first…
For the sceptics, don’t get me wrong social media is a double edge sword as I discussed via Facebook Live and my blog recently.
FACT: Social media is designed to be entertainment (so it’s easy to procrastinate!)
FACT: Social media is designed to be addictive (and hence distracting!)
FACT: “Consuming too much” on social media is generally BAD (and extremely un-productive!)
HOWEVER, that said, you can use it for business and marketing purposes. In fact, there are TWO things, you should be focused on:
- CONNECTING: building your professional network, so your contacts can find you, refer you and get in touch with you.
- CONTENT: sharing your knowledge and expertise online allows you to add value to your network (and potential prospects who don’t even know you yet!)
Let’s look at what some of our students have done. And see how simple and effective it can be!
CASE STUDY 1:
- He shares his expertise via a valuable free gift — a running training program called 30 Days to 10K — packaged as a simple Google Sheet.
He shot a 60 sec video on an iPhone talking about it.
He posted the video to Facebook, Linked and Instagram (check out his Insta video).
He directed people to where they could download the free program.
RESULTS in 1 day: 12 new leads.
RESULTS in 1 week: 20 new leads.
And this is WITHOUT paying money to LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram or Google.
CASE STUDY 2:
Suit retailer Clay from Clay Rondo Menswear in Brisbane.
- He shares his menswear fashion expertise via daily styling pictures on his Instagram account (check out today’s post)
- He tags clients and prospects in his posts.
- He has people Instagram message him every day.
- Each week Clay gets least 2 sales to people who don’t even set foot in his store. Plus dozens of prospect who are prompted to visit in-store. Again, this is WITHOUT paying money to LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram or Google.
CASE STUDY 3:
Real estate agent, Nicholas Given from Ray White New Farm.
- He took a photo of himself with the auctioneer on his iPhone.
- He captioned it with the sale price of the house he just sold.
- He posted it to his network on Instagram and Facebook (check out the post).
- Someone in his extended network saw it and contacted him about listing his house in the same area. (*this wasn’t someone he would usually have called or met with, so it was purely because of his social media post.)
- He listed the new home and sold it a week later. *WITHOUT paying money to LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram or Google.
When you have expertise and knowledge to share, authority, a trustworthy reputation and you reflect that with your digital presence, you can easily double your leads because you can connect with qualified prospects and clients who you wouldn’t otherwise be in front of.
Trust, expertise, a network, authority — you already have these “ingredients”, don’t you? By following a simple recipe (like the two examples above) you can easily double your leads.
As you can see there is a very real return on investment (ROI) with social media — when done properly.
ROI of Social Media?
As you can see there is a very real return on investment (ROI) with social media. As I ask in my keynote presentations… “what is the ROI of a surfboard?”
- If you do surf like Toby or me, a surfboard is a recreational tool used for fun. Surfing consumes time and money, so it’s negative ROI (but it’s a hobby and we enjoy it!)
- If you don’t surf, you might sell the surfboard on eBay, give it to a friend or let it gather dust in the garage. Either way it’s a neutral or slightly positive ROI.
- But if you are world class like Kelly Slater (or Mick Fanning), the exact same surfboard can make a fortune — if you know how to use it properly!
The same applies to social media. Just because most people use social media for entertainment or procrastination, doesn’t mean you should. You can indeed use social media to get real commercial outcomes.
My job is to teach you how to use these social media and digital tools effectively to get commercial outcomes. I hope you’re interested in learning more with me!
If you’ve liked my tips and case studies so far, and you are keen to know all the tools we use and recommend, then please enrol in our free Tools of The Trade Mini course.
Also, tickets are now on sales for my Social Media 1 Day Doing Workshop in 2018. It in, we’ll do:
- do a Facebook video
- a LinkedIn video and article
- Instagram posts
- PR & Influencer outreach, plus SEO
- develop your social media strategy
- develop your social media guidelines
- develop a plan to respond to negative comments
- Get 1-on-1 feedback from Adam Franklin.
Reserve your seat below and get super early bird pricing:
Tickets are also on sale for my Digital Marketing 1 Day Doing Workshop in 2018:
- Document your Digital Strategy
- Define your Ideal Buyer Personas
- Uncover and create your Lead Magnet (aka your flagship content)
- Write your Landing Page
- Map out your Email Marketing Funnel (and get a choice of 8 different funnel templates to use)
- Get 1-on-1 feedback from Adam Franklin.
Order your tickets below and get super early bird pricing:
Digital Marketing Doing Workshop in Sydney – Tues 13th Feb 2018 (8 tickets left)
Digital Marketing Doing Workshop in Brisbane – Wed 21st Feb 2018 (18 tickets left)
Stay tuned for my upcoming webinar where I show you the full blueprint for Doubling Your Leads without paying a cent to Facebook, LinkedIn or Google.
- 7 Web Marketing Tips for New Small Business Owners – Mar 19, 2018
- Meet The Readers – Feb 13, 2018
Content Marketing Sales Funnel
Your content marketing sales funnel is all about getting people to know, like and trust you by nurturing them with the right information at the right time.