3 ways a virtual assistant (VA) can make your job easier
Updated on December 3rd, 2019
The power of a virtual assistant (VA)
Recently I was amazed to discover that a friend of mine Jenny* a BDM at a large company was spending the first half of her day researching prospective clients to call on.
This research consisted of googling companies in certain suburbs or buildings and then manually entering in the company, contact name, phone number & address into an Excel spreadsheet.
Then after lunch, Jenny would visit these people.
This shocked me because 50% of her day was spent performing administrative tasks that a virtual assistant (VA) could have done overnight for between $1-4 per hour.
Due to different time zones, if Jenny had a VA in India or Bangladesh she could arrive at work, open her email, print off the spreadsheet the VA did overnight & hit the road. This would immediately double the time Jenny had to deal with prospective clients. And cost less than $10 per day.
*name changed :)
Here are 3 easy things a VA can help you with.
1. Updating documents. If a corporate template gets updated, get a VA to make the change across the board. Email the VA the new template & all the old documents to update. Then get on with
2. Researching prospective clients. Do you need a list of all the medical centres on the Gold Coast? Maybe a list of the financial services conferences on the east coast? Or listed property companies in QLD… give a VA this task & you’ll have an accurate spreadsheet waiting for you in the morning.
3. Comparing suppliers. A VA could prepare a comparison of all the major phone suppliers if you are upgrading your phone system? Or maybe source the best venue for your Christmas party.
Start by writing down a list of everyday tasks that you think a VA could help with. The take the plunge & give it a go – it’s not as scary as you think. Once you start you’ll be amazed at how many tasks you can outsource!
Meet one VA I found.
Hazel C. – $1.11/hr VA – Fast, Smart, Reliable, Resourceful and Professional – Freelance Data Entry Professional, Philippines.
“I can deal with any kind of person and with my high education I can be competitive enough to provide and perform the job that my employer would give me. I believe that my diligence and determination would be a great contribution to my employer’s company. Efficiency in my performance is what I can promise to my employer.”
Recruit your own VA: ($1-$3 per hour)
I recommend reading Timothy Ferris’s Four Hour Work Week for inspiration.
If you have any outsourcing success stories you’d like to share, we’d love to hear from you.
PS. When you're ready, here are 5 ways help consultants & advisors grow:
1. Web Strategy Planning Template (PDF). Our flagship 1-page tool we co-created with David Meerman Scott. It’s been downloaded over 1 million times and featured on Forbes.
2. Read a free chapter from our book: Web Marketing That Works --- an Amazon #1 best seller.
3. Join my private invitation-only group on Facebook. Get to know us better and hang out with your peers.
4. Watch my pitch-free 17 min ‘LinkedIn Crash Course for Consultants’ and get 10 PDF Guides when you register.
5. Book a Digital Growth Session. We can hop on a 15 minute call to explore how you can win high-value B2B clients!
Content Marketing Sales Funnel
Your content marketing sales funnel is all about getting people to know, like and trust you by nurturing them with the right information at the right time.