3 Ways Your Marketing World Has Changed Forever
Ignite is a series of 5 minute presentations by a variety of speakers – and the catch is each speaker has 20 slides which rotate every 15 seconds. These events take place all over the world & it was recently in Brisbane for the second time.
I gave my presentation called “3Ways Your Marketing World Has Changed Forever.”
3 Ways The Web Has Changed Marketing Forever.
1. User is now in control: Imagine if traditional adverts had unsubscribe buttons on them & if you clicked on them you would never have them interrupting you ever again. Think how much that would change what marketers said! Of course on the web you can easily unsubscribe, unfollow, unlike or click past terrible websites.
2. Information lives online forever: Previously an article in the paper was tomorrow’s fish ‘n’ chip wrapper, but on anything published online tends to stay archived forever. This allows us to build up an ‘online profile’ over time. It also scares people because they fear negative comments. And the only way to get rid of negative comments is to bury them under good ones!
3. The web makes it easy to share: Word of mouth has always existed but with the web it’s word of mouth on steroids! 14% of people trust adverts yet 78% trust recommendations by a friend. Once marketers embrace this and create content that is so good, people share it for them, they’ll be really harnessing the power of the web!
Web Strategy Speaker: If you’d like a jargon-free speaker at your event, give us a call on 1300 258 394.
- How to nurture LinkedIn contacts into high-value clients – Oct 26, 2018
- LinkedIn Marketing Template Bundle – Sep 24, 2018