5 Tips for Online Business Videos
Updated on January 6th, 2020
Online Business Videos
He was also the driving force behind Mobile Screen Fest (an international film festival for short movies filmed on mobiles only).
Avi’s an incredibly smart guy (a full trained MD, head of corporate strategy for Phizer) and he offered to share a few of his insights into how to make a great business video.
Enter Dr Avi Ratnanesan…
You’re looking for better ways to promote your business, you’ve heard about the value of having a good video on your website, but you don’t know where to begin, what a good video looks like or whether it can even help your business…
What do YOU need to think about to get the best Return on Investment from your video?
Here are 5 tips on understanding how to use online video for your business:
1. Know the market: Who is your audience and how are they watching?
Knowing who will be most receptive to your video will make your production needs clearer. The happiest clients are the ones that know exactly what they need for their video.
How will your segment be watching it? Tablets, mobile phones, computers and TV’s are all highly utilised screens for consumers; knowing HOW your market watches will tell you how to engage them and strengthen your future web strategy.
2. Distribution options for Online Business Videos
Being everywhere is more possible than in the past. Think beyond TV, print and website banners. With YouTube, Vimeo, Facebook etc, consumers are now happy to watch video online and on social media, so take advantage of these distribution channels. Distribution is more affordable now with online viral marketing also a possibility.
3. Make a quick impact and test, test, test
Youtube advises that the first 15 seconds of your video are the most important. Other estimates show that 20% of video consumers click away within 10 seconds. The best and only way of improving this is by experimenting with options, but also making an impact within those first few seconds of a consumers attention span. Talk with various producers about different video styles. Try animation, interviews and profiles; analyse what is getting the most clicks.
And research! Did you know that, according to the latest ComScore report, live streaming is watched 7% longer than average video? The more time you have, the more likely your consumer will build a positive impression.
4. Push for clicks
Click-to-action in your video. The easier it is for your consumer the more sales you’ll have. ‘Buy Now’ and ‘Learn More’ buttons turn engagement into sales.
But don’t be too pushy! Don’t let the prompts interfere with the viewing; the more freedom you give your consumer and the easier you make it for them, the more likely they are to build a relationship.
5. Sharing is social
Make it easy for your consumer’s friends to know about you as well – think about how your video can be shared. ‘Likes’, ‘Shares’ and recommendations are the new word of mouth- make it easy to share with 1 click.
Show an embed code so users can easily put your video on blogs, etc. Analyse where your video is being shared, it will tell you more about your market!
Useful video marketing tools
Lumen5 is a social video marketing tool which has been noted by Social Media Examiner as one of the best tools to make videos. Make videos in-house in minutes with a simple drag-and-drop interface to help you create professional video content.
Splasheo: Video Captioning For Busy People. Captioning your own videos is painful. Instead, let us caption & edit them for you into eye catching “social media ready” videos in less than 24 hours.
MY MARKETING METHODOLOGY
PS. When you're ready, here are 6 ways we help consultants & advisors grow:
1. Web Strategy Planning Template (PDF). Our flagship 1-page tool we co-created with David Meerman Scott. It’s been downloaded over 1 million times and featured on Forbes.
2. Read a free chapter from our book. Web Marketing That Works --- an Amazon #1 best seller.
3. Join the private group on Facebook. Access free training resources, and hang out with 2,300+ peers.
4. Discover your marketing score. Take the 40 point Marketing Scorecard (in < 6mins) and get a customised report.
5. DIY for $7. Get the Complete 50+ Script Library for connecting with people to winning clients.6. Let's brainstorm how to fill your marketing funnel. DM the word "INTERESTED" via Messenger or book a 20 min slot to talk on Zoom.
- The Olympic story I reluctantly shared - Nov 20, 2015
- Time Management and Productivity Hacks of Billionaires & Olympians [Podcast] - Nov 18, 2015
Content Marketing Sales Funnel
Your content marketing sales funnel is all about getting people to know, like and trust you by nurturing them with the right information at the right time.