6 Futurist Web Predictions for 2011 by Ross Dawson
Updated on December 30th, 2019
Futurist Web Predictions
Ross Dawson is a leading technology futurist, entrepreneur & best selling author. I caught up with Ross Dawson to discover his predictions for the Web in 2011.
Watch this 4:54 minute interview to find out what’s happening on the web in 2011.
Here’s what I discovered from Ross about the futurist’s web predictions…
What do you see the future of the web being for businesses?
Prediction 1: The web is becoming more and more central for how we find information and therefore products, services & suppliers.
Prediction 2: The other key thing to stem from this is reputation. This decade, the things we do that people like and don’t like (our ‘reputation’) will become aggregated and much more visible. It will be far easier to assess who we want do business with!
Prediction 3: The other fundamental trend is the move towards mobile. We can access all the universe of information; we connect to friends; we look for things in the context of where we are and where we are sitting, using increasingly fantastic devices – not just the iPads of today – wonderful phones, wonderful gadgets. These are some of the fundamental things of how the connected world is impacting business.
What specific trends do you see for 2011?
Futurist Web Prediction 4: If we look at the short term, then ‘cloud services’, which are now pretty well known as services like Salesforce, GoogleDocs and DropBox. These tools will enter the main stream as business tools to be more effective & lower capital costs. These will be fundamental tools for businesses small & large.
Prediction 5: We will also see the rise of Android. Whilst Apple is the darling to many people, Android is equally compelling to many others.
Prediction 6: In the broader context, there’s still the tapping of global talent. ‘Crowdsourcing’ in a whole variety of forms, using platforms to access workers, to aggregate ideas, to run competitions — whilst it isn’t new, will become more and more accepted and well known as ways of doing business.
What can organisations be doing to prepare themselves?
One of the most important things is simply to start and learn by doing. There are some parts of the connected world where you may not need to be involved right now, but if you have to be in there in 2-3 years’ time (which is the reality for every business), you should start doing it now anyway.
And the only real way to learn what works, is get to get in and try things. This is true for your Proctor & Gambles and IBMs as well as your one person organisations.
Follow Ross Dawson for more futurist web predictions
MY MARKETING METHODOLOGY
PS. When you're ready, here are 6 ways we help consultants & advisors grow:
1. Web Strategy Planning Template (PDF). Our flagship 1-page tool we co-created with David Meerman Scott. It’s been downloaded over 1 million times and featured on Forbes.
2. Read a free chapter from our book. Web Marketing That Works --- an Amazon #1 best seller.
3. Join the private group on Facebook. Access free training resources, and hang out with 2,300+ peers.
4. Discover your marketing score. Take the 40 point Marketing Scorecard (in < 6mins) and get a customised report.
5. DIY for $7. Get the Complete 50+ Script Library for connecting with people to winning clients.6. Let's brainstorm how to fill your marketing funnel. DM the word "INTERESTED" via Messenger or book a 20 min slot to talk on Zoom.
- Fake negative comments - Jun 23, 2022
- 7 Offline Marketing Strategies That Your Online Brand Must Adopt - Jun 17, 2022
Content Marketing Sales Funnel
Your content marketing sales funnel is all about getting people to know, like and trust you by nurturing them with the right information at the right time.