7 pointers for corporate Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)
Just read a great whitepaper over the weekend regarding Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) – courtesy of Omniture called “Corporate SEO”.
The difference with the big corporates is the number of pages of content that they have on their sites. When it’s measuring in the thousands, there’s a few more considerations! The pointers are still relevant for the smaller sites though so give them a go!
On page SEO
- Make sure the page titles are relevant to the content of that specific page
- Write UNIQUE and interesting content for your visitors – NOT for the search engines.
- Link within your site on relevant keywords and topics to help your users and the search engines find what they are looking for
- Put a blog up on your site, kepp writing interesting content and then make sure you link it back to relevant detail on your website
Off page SEO
- Generate quality one way links to the relevant pages within your site
- You can start with trusted directories and then start looking for niche publications that might link back to your site
- If you blog interesting content, others might pick it up and start linking back to your site for a “viral” effect
The beauty of search is that the goals are aligned. The search engines are trying to deliver the most relevant results for their users so if you deliver relevant and interesting content for your target audience, in time your effort, expertise and enthusiasm will be rewarded through higher search engine rankings!
SEO Brisbane: For search engine optimisation & SEO strategy contact Bluewire Media on 1300 258 394.