7 Reasons Why No one is Reading your Blog
Updated on July 8th, 2013
Bonus: Download the 33 free templates from the book Web Marketing That Works.
Are you blogging regularly but are just not feeling the love? This could be why:
- Your Blog is Boring – if your blog content does not aim to engage your audience, make them think ,ask them a question or evoke an emotion then you might as well just stop blogging. This is your chance to add remarkable content that will have your readers sharing and commenting on everything they read of yours. Try using video and photos and talk about content that is relevant to your audience.
- It is Ugly – there is nothing more annoying than a blog then a cluttered, non-formated and dull page. Try using simple colours and don’t over use widgets, as they can be a bit to much for the user to take in.
- Lifeless – your blog should not be a museum of extinct irrelevant posts. You should be aiming to update your blog at least once a month.
- Longwinded – your readers want you to get to the point so they can choose whether they want to keep reading, but if you take too long to get them there may simply exit your site.
- Static – Even news papers have pictures, and so should you. If a reader just sees black text everywhere and nothing to break it up, it will deter them and make them not want to read on.
- Advertising – a blog is not design to push marketing, marketing, marketing. Once people think you are selling to them, they will simply say no thanks and walk away.
- Irrelevant – You know your readers the best, so you should know what they want to read about. Tell people something they don’t know.