Why success with digital marketing is like fitness [#117]
Success with digital marketing is like fitness
[Southbank, Brisbane, QLD, Australia]
In this video, I want to talk about why success with digital marketing is a lot like success with fitness.
So I’ve noticed as I’ve walked along this beautiful part of South Bank that there’s lots of people going for a lunchtime run.
Digital marketing success doesn’t happen on day one
The thing to keep in mind with how this relates to digital marketing is that when you do exercise or you go to the gym or do whichever fitness programme that you choose, you don’t see results after the first session.
In fact, the first session is often hard and painful and you feel worn out and sore after it. Now the same is true of digital marketing.
Getting started is a bit scary
It’s often difficult to get the courage to just post that first article or that first video and it can be confronting and painful and what if people don’t like it or you get criticism or whatever else. All these things go through your head.
Start by allocating time in your calendar
At the start it’s difficult, but just like with fitness, if you get in the habit of doing it for half an hour a day, even if that half an hour is not public facing stuff, maybe it’s just interacting with people, leaving comments, writing to people in your network, it’s probably not going to get your results on the first day.
Look at success metrics for digital marketing after a month
If you do it for half an hour a day, by the end of the first week, by the end of the first month, you’re probably going to notice significant improvement.
Success of digital marketing depends on consistency
My advice to my private coaching clients is allocate half an hour a day in your calendar so that you know exactly what you need to be doing. The times already in the calendar so you do it. And don’t expect results on the first day, but certainly expect some sort of traction by the end of the first month.
To be a success story in digital marketing…
Get in the habit of doing it regularly. Just like fitness, you don’t go to the gym on day one, have a rippling six- pack. On day one of starting a running programme, you’re not way fitter, you don’t lose 10 kilos on the first session, but it’s the first step towards achieving those goals.
My name is Adam Franklin. I hope that helps. See you!
MY MARKETING METHODOLOGY
PS. When you're ready, here are 5 ways help consultants & advisors grow:
1. Web Strategy Planning Template (PDF). Our flagship 1-page tool we co-created with David Meerman Scott. It’s been downloaded over 1 million times and featured on Forbes.
2. Read a free chapter from our book: Web Marketing That Works --- an Amazon #1 best seller.
3. Join my private invitation-only group on Facebook. Get to know us better and hang out with your peers.
4. Watch my pitch-free 17 min ‘LinkedIn Crash Course for Consultants’ and get 10 PDF Guides when you register.
5. Book a Digital Growth Session. We can hop on a 15 minute call to explore how you can win high-value B2B clients!
- Remote work is here to stay, is your business ready for it? - Mar 20, 2020
- Building Your First Business Website – 9 Essential Tips - Mar 19, 2020
Content Marketing Sales Funnel
Your content marketing sales funnel is all about getting people to know, like and trust you by nurturing them with the right information at the right time.