Digital Marketing Tips for SMEs by Adam Franklin
Updated on October 22nd, 2019
[Bondi Beach, Sydney, NSW, Australia]
VIDEO: Digital Marketing Tips for SMEs
My two tips:
- Be found on Google. Go to google.com/business and register your business so you can be found on the right hand side of Google results when someone searches for you.
- Be active on social media. You don’t have to be on all the platforms, but getting start on LinkedIn is a good idea.
Hi, my name’s Adam Franklin, and I’m the co-author of Web Marketing That Works. Now, I’ve got a couple of digital marketing tips for small business owners today.
The first is that it’s really important to be found on Google, so go ahead and claim your Google Listing. Go to google.com/business and register your business name. That way when people do a search for your company name, you’re going to show up on the right hand side of the Google search. This helps people know, like, and trust you, and be able to find out more about your business.
The second tip is to be active on social media, not necessarily every platform, but certainly start with places like LinkedIn and flesh out your profile, flesh out your summary, so that when people do search for you and do look you up, that you are visible and that people can really understand how you can help serve them.
They’re just two social media tips, and if you want more resources, I’ve got 33 free marketing templates on my website. They’re a free download and you can get your hands on those at bluewiremedia.com.au/book.
Thanks to the team at Valiant for producing the video.
MY MARKETING METHODOLOGY
PS. When you're ready, here are 6 ways we help consultants & advisors grow:
1. Web Strategy Planning Template (PDF). Our flagship 1-page tool we co-created with David Meerman Scott. It’s been downloaded over 1 million times and featured on Forbes.
2. Read a free chapter from our book. Web Marketing That Works --- an Amazon #1 best seller.
3. Join the private group on Facebook. Access free training resources, and hang out with 2,300+ peers.
4. Discover your marketing score. Take the 40 point Marketing Scorecard (in < 6mins) and get a customised report.
5. DIY with the 50+ Script Library. It's for connecting with new people and nurturing them into high-value clients.6. Let's brainstorm how to fill your marketing funnel. DM the word "INTERESTED" via Messenger or book a 20 min slot to talk on Zoom.
Content Marketing Sales Funnel
Your content marketing sales funnel is all about getting people to know, like and trust you by nurturing them with the right information at the right time.