A Big Email Marketing Win [#53]
Updated on June 1st, 2019
[Brisbane CBD, Queensland, Australia]
One really valuable thing we’ve done with our email database at Bluewire is move from single opt-in to double opt-in. This video explains the transformation.
G’day, it’s Adam Franklin. And today I want to talk you through some of the email marketing wins that I’ve stumbled across this year.
So the main win, the big win, has been, actually, moving from a single opt-in subscriber list to a double opt-in process. So double opt-in means that they sign up for something. So they put their name and an email address in somewhere in my website, to receive something. But then they also confirm their email address. So, it’s a double opt-in process.
So they get the email, then they click the confirmation link. So that is a double opt-in. And the single opt-in is just literally people putting their name and address on the web site, but that’s it.
The difference I’m finding in open rates is significant. So the people that are double opted-in, they have open rates between 25 and 30% from the single send, compared to only 10 to 13% for the single opt-ins.
So that jump in open rate has been a tremendous win. If you’d like a hand to talk through any of this sort of stuff, give us a buzz, and I’ll let you know how I can help. But that’s it from me. See you later.
MY MARKETING METHODOLOGY
100 videos in 100 days. Want more?
This is part of my 100 videos in 100 days challenge.
PS. When you're ready, here are 5 ways we can help you grow:
1. Web Strategy Planning Template (PDF). Our flagship 1-page tool we co-created with David Meerman Scott. It’s been downloaded over 1 million times and featured on Forbes.
2. Read a free chapter from our book: Web Marketing That Works --- an Amazon #1 best seller.
3. Join my private invitation-only group on Facebook. It's a great place to get to know us better and hang out with peers.
4. Watch my pitch-free ‘LinkedIn Masterclass’ on optimising your profile, building your network and growing your B2B pipeline on LinkedIn.
5. Work directly with me. Book a LinkedIn Growth Session and we can explore how you can use LinkedIn to grow a pipeline of high-value B2B clients.
- 5 Tips To Increase Lead Magnet Downloads (That ACTUALLY Work) – Jan 17, 2020
- Top 5 blunders you should not make in email marketing – Jan 15, 2020
Content Marketing Sales Funnel
Your content marketing sales funnel is all about getting people to know, like and trust you by nurturing them with the right information at the right time.