Email marketing: Write to one person [#98]
Updated on September 30th, 2019
[Princeton Stadium, New Jersey, USA]
Write your email marketing to 1 person even if you have 1000s on your email list.
VIDEO – Email marketing
Hey guys, it’s Adam Franklin.
I’m walking out into the stadium, and the analogy tonight is that this is often like email marketing. You know, as we sort of put ourselves out there, it can be quite daunting. And we’ve got to remember that whilst there may be a growing audience that we’re acquiring through publishing good content and putting lead magnets and flagship content out there, as that list grows, it could grow to the thousands or tens of thousands like this stadium holds. But the important lesson to remember is that you’re still writing to an individual.
Write your email marketing to a single person
Even if there’s lots of people around, write your emails to your videos like you’re addressing an individual because at the end of the day, even if there’s 30,000 people receiving it, each individual is looking at it on their own, typically on their phone or on their computer.
So make the message personalised, and that will stand you in good stead to not only overcome your nerves, but also to have a more personal and meaningful communication. Hope that helps. See you later.
MY MARKETING METHODOLOGY
PS. When you're ready, here are 5 ways we can help you grow:
1. Web Strategy Planning Template (PDF). Our flagship 1-page tool we co-created with David Meerman Scott. It’s been downloaded over 1 million times and featured on Forbes.
2. Read a free chapter from our book: Web Marketing That Works --- an Amazon #1 best seller.
3. Join my private invitation-only group on Facebook. It's a great place to get to know us better and hang out with peers.
4. Watch my pitch-free ‘LinkedIn Masterclass’ on optimising your profile, building your network and growing your B2B pipeline on LinkedIn.
5. Work directly with me. Book a LinkedIn Growth Session and we can explore how you can use LinkedIn to grow a pipeline of high-value B2B clients.