Email subject lines for mobile (optimal length)
Updated on January 5th, 2020
How long should email subject lines for mobile be?
[Alexandria, Sydney, NSW, Australia]
VIDEO – Email marketing subject lines
TRANSCRIPT: Email subject lines for mobile
My name is Adam Franklin, and I’m the co-author of Web Marketing That Works. Now here’s an email stat that you may not know.
40% of emails are opened on mobile, where the screen can only fit 4-7 words in the Subject. (Source: Contact Monkey)
‘Mobile first’ subject lines
When you think about it, we carry our mobile phone in our pockets all the time, so it makes total sense that 40% of emails are opened on mobile first.
When you think about how small a mobile phone is, it makes total sense that only four to seven words can fit on it. So when you are doing email marketing, make sure you keep your subject lines concise, or at least put your most important bits first.
Keep your email marketing simple
And secondly, don’t over complicate it with too much HTML, or too many graphics, or things like that. You want simple, concise messages, and mostly text works really well because it resizes so that it fits on a mobile phone.
If you like that tip, I’ve got plenty more resources on my website. In fact, I’ve got 33 marketing templates which you can download for free. So head over to https://bluewiremedia.com.au and they’re all yours.
My name is Adam Franklin. See you on the next video.
MY MARKETING METHODOLOGY
PS. When you're ready, here are 5 ways help consultants & advisors grow:
1. Web Strategy Planning Template (PDF). Our flagship 1-page tool we co-created with David Meerman Scott. It’s been downloaded over 1 million times and featured on Forbes.
2. Read a free chapter from our book: Web Marketing That Works --- an Amazon #1 best seller.
3. Join my private invitation-only group on Facebook. Get to know us better and hang out with your peers.
4. Watch my pitch-free 17 min ‘LinkedIn Crash Course for Consultants’ and get 10 PDF Guides when you register.
5. Book a Digital Growth Session. We can hop on a 15 minute call to explore how you can win high-value B2B clients!
- Remote work is here to stay, is your business ready for it? - Mar 20, 2020
- Building Your First Business Website – 9 Essential Tips - Mar 19, 2020
Content Marketing Sales Funnel
Your content marketing sales funnel is all about getting people to know, like and trust you by nurturing them with the right information at the right time.