This event has already happened. To view upcoming events, go to the Events page.
Updated on July 14th, 2014
Content Marketing Masterclass
One-day business workshop with Trevor Young, Valerie Khoo and Adam Franklin
- Do you want to grow your business?
- Want to embrace the new world of content marketing – but aren’t sure what steps to take first?
Content Marketing is more than just having a blog. Savvy businesses know that it’s an integrated marketing strategy that can transform your business and your relationship with customers.
The Content Marketing Masterclass will provide you with a clear blueprint on exactly what you need to do to make your content marketing shine.
Meet The Speakers
PR Warrior & author of microDOMINATION
Making Sense of Content Marketing
Author Power Stories
Power Stories: The 8 Stories You MUST Tell to Build an Epic Business
Bluewire Media & co-author of Web Marketing That Works
The Truth About Web Marketing
If you'd like to organise a payment via EFT, or if you're having any issues with PayPal, give us a call on 0424 329 132 and we'll help you out.
PayPal does accept American Express credit cards.
Also the reason you need to enter your address is so you can be issued with a tax receipt.
Session 1: Trevor Young
Making Sense of Content Marketing – Trevor Young
In this opening session Trevor will demystify content marketing and set the scene for the day, outlining his theory of what it takes to be a trusted ‘Connected Brand’ in today’s noisy, information world, including best practice case studies and examples. You’ll discover:
* Why content marketing has all of a sudden gone from being something many companies did poorly and randomly to an all-out smart and strategic marketing discipline.
* The different kinds of content: Utility – thought leadership – ‘human’ -promotional content, plus the broader scope of channels available (and how they work with one another)
* What the role social media plays in the content marketing equation
* Presentation includes practical case studies of businesses (large and small) that are using content marketing with passion and purpose to build reputation and revenues.
* What are you trying to achieve? (Confirming your content marketing mission and goals)
* Who are you creating content for? (Developing your buyer personas, or audience avatars)
* What are you creating content about? (Developing your ‘spheres of conversation’)
* Which platforms should you use? (Deciding your key communication channels).
Session 2: Valerie Khoo
Power Stories: The 8 Stories You MUST Tell to Build an Epic Business – Valerie Khoo
The foundation of your content marketing is … the content! And if you want a robust content marketing strategy, you need to be clear on the core stories that are going to:
* promote your business
* build your brand
* resonate with your customers
* inspire your community
In this presentation, you’ll discover the 8 Power Stories you need to nail before you even think about implementing an effective content marketing strategy.
Building on the presentation, this workshop will:
* help you identify your personal power stories.
* provide you with a clear blueprint on your key power stories – about your business, your passion, your customers – and more.
* help you craft a winning About Page (one of the most visited pages on your website)
* show you which stories you need to tell to convert customers and build a legion of raving fans
* identify where and when you need to tell these stories
You will leave with much greater clarity on the stories that will work for your business, and what you should do with them.
Session 3: Adam Franklin
Web Marketing That Works (inc The Truth About Social Media for Business) – Adam Franklin
In this powerful session, you’ll find out:
* What subject lines (really) get opened
* How to uncover your flagship content
* What content is (really) most popular
* How to use landing pages to drive conversions
* The honest truth about what does and doesn’t work
* How to distill you web marketing strategy to a single page
* Why email punches 100x above social media
Learn proven ways to master social media, conquer content and attract customers online. In this workshop, Adam will show you how to:
* Fill out your own Web Strategy Planning Template
* Create your Ideal Buyer Personas
* Develop your Editorial Calendar
* Create a Marketing Action Plan
* Compile a list of content to share on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Google+
* Flesh out a daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly Content Activity Schedule
* Use the tools and apps that will make your job easier
Upon completion of this workshop, you’ll leave with more than just an understanding of web marketing that works – you’ll take away a practical web marketing strategy and a 12 month action plan on how to implement it.
– 3 books; microDOMINATION, Power Stories and Web Marketing That Works
– Content Marketing Masterclass Workbook
This is an intimate boardroom style session and numbers are strictly limited. Tickets will be first in, first served. Thanks for your understanding.
This booking system is setup to provide you with a tax receipt. However if there are any problems, please call the office on 1300 258 394 or forward your event confirmation email to [email protected] and Sabine will sort out a tax receipt for you.
Morning tea, lunch, afternoon tea, drinks, Wifi, power and workbooks.
The workshop will be conducted in a boardroom setting with workbooks provided. If you would like to bring a laptop or iPad, please feel welcome to do so.
Money back guarantee
As always Bluewire provides peace of mind if you don’t find the event useful. Please let us know and we’ll respectfully reimburse your credit card, no questions asked.
Tickets are fully transferable. Just let me [[email protected]] know and we’ll update the details.
If you have special requirements, please let me know and we’ll take care of it for you. Adam.Franklin[at]bluewiremedia.com.au