- Are you keen to learn the truth about Facebook, Twitter, You Tube, LinkedIn, Blogs and Email Marketing? And develop an actionable social media strategy?
- Would you like to draft a legally binding social media policy and navigate the monitoring and reputation management aspects of social media?
- Are you a CEO, director, manager, business owner or in marketing/communications or government?
You’re invited to an action-packed Full Day Social Media Workshop, where you’ll learn:
- how to use social media to its full potential & develop your own social media strategy
- how to navigate the legal risks of social networking & draft your own social media policy
- how to monitor what is being said about your company, you and your industry on the web
- how to guide and monitor what staff say to minimise the risk of reputational damage.
- Plus what to do to prevent a crisis and to be prepared if one breaks out.
Meet The Speakers
Adam FranklinMarketing Manager at Bluewire Media @Franklin_Adam The Truth About Social Media for Business
Toby JenkinsCEO at Bluewire Media @Toby_Jenkins Developing Your Social Media Strategy
Jen StoreyInteractive Minds @jenniferEST Roundtable Social Media Masterclass (Brisbane)
Malcolm BurrowsPractice Manager at Dundas Lawyers @ITCorporateLaw Legal Risks of Social Networking & Drafting Your Social Media Policy (Brisbane)
Vivienne StoreyGeneral Manager at Blands Law @mysocialpolicy Drafting Your Social Media Policy (Sydney)
Jess WhittakerLead Product Evangelist at BuzzNumbers @jessdoubleya Social Media Monitoring - Listening and responding to the online conversations
Ross HansonGeneral Manager at Netbox Blue @roscohanson Internal Monitoring - Using technology to avoid reputation damage & to prevent a crisis
Dr Suresh SoodBusiness School & Social Media Professor at UTS @soody Panel Facilitator
Dr Jason WatsonFaculty of Science & Technology Senior Lecturer at QUT @DrJasonWatson Panel Facilitator
WHAT YOU’LL GET
Social Media Strategy:
- Web Strategy Secrets e-book
- Social Media How to Get Started Guide
- Web Strategy Planning Template
- Social Media Strategy + Roadmap
- DIY Web Strategy Toolkit (RRP $247)
Social Media Law:
- Legally binding Social Media Policy (RRP $3,000)
- 20% discount with Dundas Lawyers
Social Media Monitoring & Technology:
- Social Media Monitoring Toolkit
- A Cyber Risk Assessment by Netbox Blue
- Chance to win one month’s monitoring by Buzz Numbers
Well over $3,000 value for under $1,000
Receive a signed copy of “The New Rules Of Marketing & PR” by David Meerman Scott with every registration.
- All sessions
- tea, coffee & juice
- morning tea
- hot lunch
- afternoon tea
- a celebratory drink at the end of the day!
What to bring:
- Your laptop (& charger) if you want to set yourself up on the day
- iPhone/Blackberry/Android for tweeting on the day
- Business cards – their will be prizes and giveaways and you never know who you might meet!
Tuesday 8th November 2011 7:30am - 5:30pm
Macquarie Graduate School of Management
Level 7, 37 Pitt St
Sydney, NSW, 2000
The Truth About Social Media for Business
Learn how to avoid the common pitfalls of social media, and discover the power of social media tools – Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Email Marketing & Blogs. See how they work and witness some mind-blowing case studies.
Developing Your Social Media Strategy
What you’ll achieve:
- A web strategy including how to define your buyer personas & the problems you solve for them.
- A simple and effective social media strategy for publishing & sharing remarkable content using blogs, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and via email marketing.
OPTIONAL: Hands-on Beginner Session: Getting set up and started on social media
Bring your laptop so you can get yourself set up on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn and a blog.
OPTIONAL: Roundtable Social Media Masterclass
Learn advanced social media techniques from the pros. Jen Storey from Interactive Minds will lead the Brisbane masterclass!
Legal Risks of Social Networking
Understanding the legal risks faced by Australian organisations and what can be done to limit risk of your social media strategy. An overview of the law in this area will be presented in addition to current case law and practical examples.
Drafting Your Social Media Policy
Based on your organisations social media strategy, and the legal risks faced, participants will draft the terms of a social media policy for their organisation considering the boundaries of what’s enforceable and what’s not.
Sydney: Vivienne Storey (Blands Law) will deliver this workshop.
Brisbane: Malcolm Burrows (Dundas Lawyers) will deliver this workshop.
Social Media Monitoring – Listening and responding to the online conversations
Learn how to keep your ear to the ground in the vast world of social media. Discover the easy techniques for listening to what is being said about you and your company!
Internal Monitoring – Using technology to avoid reputation damage & to prevent a crisis
Find out how you can get your staff working with you on social media, yet still have a finger on the pulse of what’s being said so that you can avert a crisis and reputation damage.
What do you think?
Terms and Conditions
By purchasing a ticket in the Full Day Social Media Workshop (Event) Attendees agree to these Terms and Conditions, which forms the contract between the Attendee and Bluewire Media Pty Ltd ACN 115 735 192
1.1 Event inclusions
Your ticket to the Event includes:
- Morning and afternoon tea;
- A hot lunch;
- A drink at the bar afterwards;
- Attendance at all sessions as per the Agenda;
- Materials as provided by the speakers; and all other inclusions as described in the brochure on the Event.
- Full refund will be given if you cancel more than 3 business days prior to the event. Please notify the event organiser.
- Attendees may transfer their ticket to another person so long as they notify the Event Organiser before the Event of the information about the person who is attending in your place.
- If Attendees do not attend the Event, for whatever reason, they are not entitled to a refund.
1.3 Event cancellation and changes
- The Event Organiser reserve the right to cancel the Event if necessary for whatever reason at its sole discretion. If the Event is cancelled, the Event Organiser will refund the Attendee’s Attendance Fees within seven (7) days of being notified of the cancellation. At least three (3) days notice of the cancellation will be provided to attendees if the Event is cancelled.
- If an Attendee is unable to attend the Event, they may transfer the ticket to another person, providing the Attendee notifies the Event Organiser with the substitutes full contact details at least three (3) days before the Event starts.
- The Event Organiser reserves the right to make changes to the Event schedule, substitute speakers on the day of the Event or make any other changes that it deems to be necessary.
1.4 Intellectual Property
Each of the speakers owns Intellectual Property in the materials they present at the Event. Unless
they advise otherwise, Attendees are provided with a limited licence to use the materials for their own
use. Attendees must not:
- make any recordings during the Event without permission from the event organiser;
- alter, copy or reproduce any of the Materials unless the materials are available under Creative Commons 3.0
- on-sell or supply any of the materials presented without permission.
- The Event Organiser excludes liability to the fullest extent possible (whether arising in contract or tort (including negligence) or under any statute) for any Consequential Loss suffered by an Attendee in connection with their attendance at the Event.
- The Event Organiser limits its liability for breach of warranty under this Agreement, or for a breach of a condition or warranty it cannot lawfully exclude to the extent permitted by law, and is fair and reasonable for Event Organiser to do so, to the cost of the Attendance Fee.
The Event Organiser complies with the National Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). Attendees may be required to complete other documentation, such as questionnaires which are necessary to conduct the Event to a professional standard. By purchasing a ticket, Attendees consent to the Event Organiser taking photographs and including their image in future promotional material about similar Events.