How To Manage Your Reputation on Social Media
Updated on July 15th, 2013
If you’re keen to keep an eye on what other people are saying about you online, then take 1:06 minutes to watch this interview with John Fison – chairman of online reputation management firm Netbox Blue.
Learn what simple steps you can take to protect yourself and your organisation and avoid the social media traps!
Why is reputation management so important in social media?
What’s happening out there, I think, these days is that a lot of people are talking about companies online using social media. Companies really need to know what has been said, both from outside and from inside. If they do that effectively, then they can really control their brand and manage their risks.
What would you recommend as the first step a business should take?
- Just set up some simple Google Alerts, that’d be the first thing.
- Then, consider looking at more advanced marketing techniques.
- Then, really look at having some sort of assessment of what staff can and can’t do on the internal network and what risks might be associated with that. Can staff post things on Youtube that might be inappropriate? Can staff communicate inappropriate content via email or social medi.
- Then start locking those down where it is appropriate.
Thank you… And you can follow @JohnFison on Twitter or call Netbox Blue on 1300 737 060.
- Fake negative comments - Jun 23, 2022
- 7 Offline Marketing Strategies That Your Online Brand Must Adopt - Jun 17, 2022