How to unpack your IP (Intellectual Property) [#111]
How to unpack IP
[Eagle Street, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia]
VIDEO – How to unpack your IP (Intellectual Property)
TRANSCRIPT: How consultants can unpack IP (Intellectual Property)
One of the best things that you can be doing in terms of being able to leverage your marketing but also leverage your business is to start unpacking, I guess, what I would call intellectual capital, so stuff that’s in your head and nowhere else, and turn that into intellectual property, so things that actually exist without you having to manually and personally explain it or deliver it.
Example of unpacking IP
By way of an example, you may be sketching out certain diagrams or methodologies one-on-one to clients, that’s intellectual capital, it’s in your head and you need to do it. But if you can convert that to intellectual property and create a document with that diagram on it that is meaningful, even without you being there, that’s some of the best stuff that you can be doing because you’re creating an asset, it’s got leverage and scale, and it’s not dependent on your time.
So, go ahead and make a list of all the things that you do manually, that’s intellectual capital and try and convert that into intellectual property. Hope that tip helps.
My name is Adam Franklin. See you on the next video.
MY MARKETING METHODOLOGY
PS. When you're ready, here are 5 ways help consultants & advisors grow:
1. Web Strategy Planning Template (PDF). Our flagship 1-page tool we co-created with David Meerman Scott. It’s been downloaded over 1 million times and featured on Forbes.
2. Read a free chapter from our book: Web Marketing That Works --- an Amazon #1 best seller.
3. Join my private invitation-only group on Facebook. Get to know us better and hang out with your peers.
4. Watch my pitch-free 17 min ‘LinkedIn Crash Course for Consultants’ and get 10 PDF Guides when you register.
5. Book a Digital Growth Session. We can hop on a 15 minute call to explore how you can win high-value B2B clients!
Content Marketing Sales Funnel
Your content marketing sales funnel is all about getting people to know, like and trust you by nurturing them with the right information at the right time.