How to improve email marketing open and click through rates
Updated on January 5th, 2020
Here are Adam Franklin‘s tip on how to increase email open rates, click through rates and conversions by using personalisation.
VIDEO: Increase email open rates
Here is the transcript:
My name’s Adam Franklin and I’m the co-author of “Web Marketing that Works“. Now here’s an email stat that you may not know:
Personalised emails increase click-through rates by 14% and conversion rates by 10%.
Isn’t it nice when we get a personalised email? I’m not just talking about our name, that’s just part of it.
If we’re getting an email that’s personalised based on what we’ve already said that we’re interested in, we’re much more likely to open it and to convert on it. If we just clicked on a link or indicated by filling out a form that we’re interested in a certain topic and then we get an email on that topic, doesn’t it make sense that we’re going to open that and most likely action that?
Segment your audience
Compared to if it’s just a more generic email. When you’re sending emails, do try and send customised or personalised information to segments of your database with a specific interest. Rather, try to send specific campaigns to specific segments of your database. This way you’re going to enjoy a higher open rate and a higher conversion rate.
If you’ve enjoyed that tip I’ve got plenty more email marketing resources for you. In fact, I’ve got 33 free marketing templates that you can download for free. To get your hands on those, head over to bluewiremedia.com.au.
MY MARKETING METHODOLOGY
PS. When you're ready, here are 5 ways help consultants & advisors grow:
1. Web Strategy Planning Template (PDF). Our flagship 1-page tool we co-created with David Meerman Scott. It’s been downloaded over 1 million times and featured on Forbes.
2. Read a free chapter from our book: Web Marketing That Works --- an Amazon #1 best seller.
3. Join my private invitation-only group on Facebook. Get to know us better and hang out with your peers.
4. Watch my pitch-free 17 min ‘LinkedIn Crash Course for Consultants’ and get 10 PDF Guides when you register.
5. Book a Digital Growth Session. We can hop on a 15 minute call to explore how you can win high-value B2B clients!
- Remote work is here to stay, is your business ready for it? - Mar 20, 2020
- Building Your First Business Website – 9 Essential Tips - Mar 19, 2020
Content Marketing Sales Funnel
Your content marketing sales funnel is all about getting people to know, like and trust you by nurturing them with the right information at the right time.