Re-read Kindle highlights with Readwise [#49]
[Paddington, Brisbane, Queensland]
Readwise is a fantastic app that I have discovered that allows me to re-read the Kindle highlights I’ve made over the years.
G’day, it’s Adam Franklin. And there’s a tool I want to share with you today that I found super useful. It’s called Readwise. Now, the reason I found it so useful is because one, I love reading books on Kindle, and two, I love highlighting the important or meaningful sections or passages of text as I go. But until now, I hadn’t had a reliable or systematic way to revisit the bits that I’ve highlighted.
So, what Readwise does is, it actually selects five different passages that I’ve highlighted, from all the various different books that I’ve read, and each day, it sends me an email with the five selected passages. So this is really powerful because, of all the books that I’ve read, I highlight the best bits, and I get those ideas resurfaced by them sending me the email. So I can revisit them and it sort of helps me internalise those passages a lot more. Because I think we probably only comprehend or can retain about one or two percent of a book. So often, when we read it, even the act of highlighting is good, but to actually go back and revisit it systematically, I feel anyway, is a really nice way to absorb the messages and to have the opportunity to revisit the ideas.
Now, what I want to be doing with that is thinking, how can I then share that? How can I make that useful to other people?
So I may talk about some of the favourite bits that I’ve highlighted in these videos.
Still not 100% sure. But the tool, I found really nice. Readwise.io is the web address. I highly recommend you give it a go. Take care.
MY MARKETING METHODOLOGY
100 videos in 100 days. Want more?
This is part of my 100 videos in 100 days challenge.
PS. When you're ready, here are 5 ways we can help you grow:
1. Web Strategy Planning Template (PDF). Our flagship 1-page tool we co-created with David Meerman Scott. It’s been downloaded over 1 million times and featured on Forbes.
2. Read a free chapter from our book: Web Marketing That Works --- an Amazon #1 best seller.
3. Join my private invitation-only group on Facebook. It's a great place to get to know us better and hang out with peers.
4. Watch my pitch-free ‘LinkedIn 101’ on-demand training on improving your profile, building your network and growing your pipeline on LinkedIn.
5. Work directly with me. If you'd like to grow your pipeline by $100k in the next 30 days, email me with "I’m Interested" and I’ll tell you more!
- Marketing ideas are easy [#64] – May 31, 2019
- If I was starting out with digital marketing & business [#63] – May 30, 2019
Content Marketing Sales Funnel
Your content marketing sales funnel is all about getting people to know, like and trust you by nurturing them with the right information at the right time.