What is LinkedIn Marketing? [#69]
Updated on March 8th, 2020
VIDEO: “What is LinkedIn Marketing?”
[Victoria Park Golf Club]
The question today is all about what LinkedIn Marketing actually is.
So, to me, LinkedIn marketing consists of a few different parts.
1. How to use LinkedIn for beginners: Optimise your profile.
First is to actually just get your LinkedIn profile up-to-date. This way you’re putting your best foot forward when people come and look at your profile.
Because after all, people are going to be looking at your name when they hear of you, before they engage you, and the search result that’s going to come up, probably first, definitely second, is your LinkedIn profile, so that’s the first component.
2. How to use LinkedIn for B2B marketing
The second component is actually to develop your B2B network on LinkedIn.
Ideally, it would certainly represent your real-life network, and ideally, well, and a second step is to actually go on above and beyond that, and start reaching out to people that you would like in your network. That’s a really important part of the LinkedIn marketing.
3. How to use LinkedIn for business development
Finally, it’s then adding value to that network that you’ve got on LinkedIn. So it’s not just done and dusted once you’ve connected. That’s what most people do, and they leave it there, but there’s no value in that. What you need to do is actually regularly show up, whether it’s publicly with videos, or articles, or posts, or privately via messages, but adding value to that network and keeping that network warm.
LinkedIn marketing strategy
When you do all of those three things properly, then that’s when you’re doing LinkedIn marketing well. On another video, I’ll talk to you about LinkedIn selling, but that’s it today from Victoria Park Golf Course, and you can see the Brisbane skyline behind me. Beautiful time of the night, but I’d better jump in my Uber.
I’ll talk to you soon. See you.
MY MARKETING METHODOLOGY
PS. When you're ready, here are 5 ways help consultants & advisors grow:
1. Web Strategy Planning Template (PDF). Our flagship 1-page tool we co-created with David Meerman Scott. It’s been downloaded over 1 million times and featured on Forbes.
2. Read a free chapter from our book: Web Marketing That Works --- an Amazon #1 best seller.
3. Join my private invitation-only group on Facebook. Get to know us better and hang out with your peers.
4. Watch my pitch-free 17 min ‘LinkedIn Crash Course for Consultants’ and get 10 PDF Guides when you register.
5. Book a Digital Growth Session. We can hop on a 15 minute call to explore how you can win high-value B2B clients!
- What LinkedIn content can I publish if I’m shy? [#124] - Apr 6, 2020
- Create SEO Friendly Content: 5 Cardinal Rules to Follow - Apr 3, 2020
Content Marketing Sales Funnel
Your content marketing sales funnel is all about getting people to know, like and trust you by nurturing them with the right information at the right time.