What I love about digital marketing [#137]
Updated on June 1st, 2021
What I love about digital marketing
[Melbourne, Victoria, Australia]
Today’s question is:
So what do I love most about digital marketing?
Well, look, in my 15 years of experience with running Bluewire, what I found most exciting and most rewarding what I found most exciting and most rewarding is the fact that so many people have a wealth of knowledge, they’ve got an incredible network and they’re fantastic at what they do.
But in the last 15, 20 years since the internet has come about, the world has changed, the way we communicate has changed, the way we do business has changed. A lot of fantastic people and a lot of fantastic businesses, haven’t necessarily been able to adapt and adjust as quickly as they need to, to embracing their digital channels.
I’ve found that guiding people on that journey has been one of the most enjoyable parts of being a marketing coach and a marketing speaker and a marketing consultant. So there’s several different approaches, but it doesn’t have to be the person with the loudest voice or the most attention or the most likes.
We can still be incredibly effective with our marketing and our business and our sales by having a more gentle approach or a more under the radar approach. You don’t have to be doing videos all the time. You don’t have to be beating your chest and telling everyone how wonderful you are.
You can have a massive impact by sharing some insights, sharing some of the knowledge that you have acquired over your career and share that with people, share it with the right people. Share it privately if you’re a shy person. If you don’t want to be the centre of attention, you don’t need to be.
You can still use these approaches to help people on the journey and help people like you do in person, but you can actually leverage that and get more scale just by sharing information which I guess you’d call marketing, but think of it as helping people. You’re guiding people on a journey. And the right people, the people who are a right fit, who are ready to be helped at that point in time, sure, they’ll become clients.
But it’s a very rewarding process to be unpacking some of the stuff that you know, to be helping people and to be attracting the right types of people into your marketing universe. That’s what I love most about it, helping people join these dots, particularly when they have all the right ingredients and all they need is the recipe to make it happen.
That’s what I love most about marketing.
My name is Adam Franklin See you again soon.
MY MARKETING METHODOLOGY
PS. When you're ready, here are 6 ways we help consultants & advisors grow:
1. Web Strategy Planning Template (PDF). Our flagship 1-page tool we co-created with David Meerman Scott. It’s been downloaded over 1 million times and featured on Forbes.
2. Read a free chapter from our book. Web Marketing That Works --- an Amazon #1 best seller.
3. Join the private group on Facebook. Access free training resources, and hang out with 2,300+ peers.
4. Discover your marketing score. Take the 40 point Marketing Scorecard (in < 6mins) and get a customised report.
5. DIY with the 50+ Script Library. It's for connecting with new people and nurturing them into high-value clients.6. Let's brainstorm how to fill your marketing funnel. DM the word "INTERESTED" via Messenger or book a 20 min slot to talk on Zoom.