How to do marketing if you are shy [#67]
Updated on July 7th, 2019
[Paddington, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia]
I’m often asked, “How can I do digital marketing if I am shy?” Here’s my answer:
The question I want to talk about today is how to do marketing if you’re a shy person, and doing things like these videos or even writing blog articles is too daunting or too overwhelming or not really a natural thing for you to be gravitating to, and that is a lot of people. So, yes, let me discuss that today.
I’m a shy person often, but obviously, I do these videos, but if I was actually not wanting to put myself out there, what I would be doing is going under the radar. I would be connecting with people, reaching out to them all via private message, all via email and just seeing how I can help them, seeing how I can serve them, but really just keeping an eye on what they’re doing and congratulating them on milestones, encouraging them, staying in their world, so that you’re still top of mind.
That’s essentially what marketing is. It’s being there when the client is ready or has a problem that you can help them yourself, but it doesn’t have to be over, it doesn’t have to be paying to interrupt strangers, it doesn’t have to be putting these videos all over the web. It can literally be under the radar, so the only people that know about you are the ideal buyers that you want to serve. If I was heaps shy, that’s what I’d be doing. All it would take is 10 or 15 minutes a day, reaching out to people and developing those relationships. Hope that helps.
MY MARKETING METHODOLOGY
PS. When you're ready, here are 5 ways we can help you grow:
1. Web Strategy Planning Template (PDF). Our flagship 1-page tool we co-created with David Meerman Scott. It’s been downloaded over 1 million times and featured on Forbes.
2. Read a free chapter from our book: Web Marketing That Works --- an Amazon #1 best seller.
3. Join my private invitation-only group on Facebook. It's a great place to get to know us better and hang out with peers.
4. Watch my pitch-free ‘LinkedIn Masterclass’ on optimising your profile, building your network and growing your B2B pipeline on LinkedIn.
5. Work directly with me. Book a LinkedIn Growth Session and we can explore how you can use LinkedIn to grow a pipeline of high-value B2B clients.
Content Marketing Sales Funnel
Your content marketing sales funnel is all about getting people to know, like and trust you by nurturing them with the right information at the right time.