Why marketing LAPS are important [#97]
Updated on March 16th, 2020
[Athletic Track, Princeton University, New Jersey, USA]
Leads, Appointments, Presentations and Sales aka Sales & Marketing LAPS — are what we need to be tracking!
VIDEO – Why marketing LAPS are important
G’day it’s Adam Franklin. In today’s video, I want to give a shout-out to my friend Glen Carlson from Dent, which is the mob that runs the Key Person of Influence programme, because he introduced me to this notion of business owners needing to do LAPS. Now what LAPS stands for is leads, appointments, presentations, and sales. And if you’re constantly building your pipeline of each of those and tracking those, then you’re going to have a healthy marketing and sales pipeline.
That’s why I wanted to talk to you down at the track today. As people here who are doing laps, I want you to think about how you’re going to do the same with your marketing. So leads, appointments, presentations, and sales. Big shout out to Glen Carlson from Dent, who runs the Key Person of Influence programme. Hope that helps. See you next time.
here at Princeton University.
You’ll see obviously it’s a beautiful campus. I’m going to do quite a few videos here, I would say.
But what strikes me here is the history of the place and work that people have done decades and hundreds of centuries ago has stood the test of time and people are learning from it. It’s people that have contributed money and resources and effort and knowledge, and it’s all, it’s just so striking on this campus.
So what I encourage you to do is think about what you can contribute that will stand the test of time, what you can be starting today that’s going to be paying dividends next year and next decade even. And it’s possible because if you publish the right stuff, it can live online forever.
You don’t need to build beautiful buildings like this. Your content and your ideas can live online and much more easily than say, a campus like this. So keep that in mind. I hope that helps.
MY MARKETING METHODOLOGY
PS. When you're ready, here are 5 ways help consultants & advisors grow:
1. Web Strategy Planning Template (PDF). Our flagship 1-page tool we co-created with David Meerman Scott. It’s been downloaded over 1 million times and featured on Forbes.
2. Read a free chapter from our book: Web Marketing That Works --- an Amazon #1 best seller.
3. Join my private invitation-only group on Facebook. Get to know us better and hang out with your peers.
4. Watch my pitch-free 17 min ‘LinkedIn Crash Course for Consultants’ and get 10 PDF Guides when you register.
5. Book a Digital Growth Session. We can hop on a 15 minute call to explore how you can win high-value B2B clients!
- Remote work is here to stay, is your business ready for it? - Mar 20, 2020
- Building Your First Business Website – 9 Essential Tips - Mar 19, 2020
Content Marketing Sales Funnel
Your content marketing sales funnel is all about getting people to know, like and trust you by nurturing them with the right information at the right time.