Marketing is about seeing other people [#65]
[The Gap, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia]
The one thing I recommend we all do is take the time “to see” people in your community rather than just want everyone to see you!
G’day, it’s Adam Franklin.
One of the things I want to talk about today was inspired actually by an email newsletter that I got from my friend and mentor, Chris Brogan. It was all about the intent behind marketing. And his point, I think, was that we all want to sell more stuff and be seen and all of those types of things with our marketing, but in actual fact, people will only respond once they feel seen and heard themselves.
So it got me thinking about how most people see marketing as getting more attention to us and our product and our business, but in actual fact, I feel it should be at least 50/50, with shining the light on other people… acknowledging other people, congratulating them on what they’re doing and seeing them and hearing them and interacting with people in Facebook groups, responding to people that write back to you… all of those types of things. And looking them up, visit their website, all of that type of stuff, I feel, is as valuable as trying to get more attention on yourself. Because if people know that you’re a person or a company or a brand or whatever, that takes an interest in their community and the people around that product or service, then I think that is a really good approach.
And yeah, that thought was really nice that Chris Brogan shared on that email, and this is my interpretation of it and how I’ll apply it.
So that’s it from me. I think that’s Mount Coot-tha behind me. As my niece says, “That’s Ice Cream Mountain.” Anyway, a family joke. Alright, take care. See you later.
MY MARKETING METHODOLOGY
PS. When you're ready, here are 5 ways we can help you grow:
1. Web Strategy Planning Template (PDF). Our flagship 1-page tool we co-created with David Meerman Scott. It’s been downloaded over 1 million times and featured on Forbes.
2. Read a free chapter from our book: Web Marketing That Works --- an Amazon #1 best seller.
3. Join my private invitation-only group on Facebook. It's a great place to get to know us better and hang out with peers.
4. Watch my pitch-free ‘LinkedIn 101’ on-demand training on improving your profile, building your network and growing your pipeline on LinkedIn.
5. Work directly with me. Book a LinkedIn Growth Session and we can explore how you can get 10 new sales conversations in the next 30 days and 2 new high-value clients in 90 days.
- Top 5 Tips for Creating a Delectable Thanksgiving Social Media Strategy – Oct 14, 2019
- How do I get more exposure on LinkedIn? 🔥[#104] – Oct 13, 2019
Content Marketing Sales Funnel
Your content marketing sales funnel is all about getting people to know, like and trust you by nurturing them with the right information at the right time.