WMTW 110: Michael Port author of Steal the Show [Podcast]
“A speech is all about the audience.” Michael Port (Tweet this)
In this episode I chat to Michael Port about public speaking, rehearsing, performing online and stealing the show.
- Michael is a New York Times bestselling author of several books including the classic “Book Yourself Solid” and the new book “Steal the Show: From Speeches to Job Interviews to Deal-Closing Pitches, How to Guarantee a Standing Ovation for All the Performances in Your Life.”
- He is also the host of the Podcast “Steal the Show Podcast.”
- Performance is based on your rehearsal.
- Steal the show:
- Performer’s mindset
- Performance principles
- Public speaking master class
- Bad performance is manufactured behavior.
- Silence the critics and crush the fear.
- “Act as if”
- Change your state of being to a positive way to influence other people.
- Ideas are as good as your audiences’ capability to absorb them.
- A pause in a speech lets the audience digest the information.
- “Steal the Show Podcast.”
- “Steal the Show: From Speeches to Job Interviews to Deal-Closing Pitches, How to Guarantee a Standing Ovation for All the Performances in Your Life.”
Get in touch with Michael
- Visit his website MichaelPort.com
- Follow him on Twitter @michaelport
Did you like this podcast?
If you liked this podcast, please click to tweet this show >>
We would love you to subscribe to Web Marketing That Works and please leave your honest reviews via:
Download the 33 free templates from our new book.
Or order the book online: Web Marketing That Works: Confessions from the Marketing Trenches (Wiley 2014).
- The 6 to 7 Figures Show – Episode 021: Adam Franklin – Jul 4, 2019
- Don’t create a marketing prison [#76] – Jun 12, 2019
Content Marketing Sales Funnel
Your content marketing sales funnel is all about getting people to know, like and trust you by nurturing them with the right information at the right time.