MiniMovers' Mike O'Hagan – Using the web the increase business profits
Highlights from the presentation and the MiniMovers story:
- Give customer what they need, NOT what they want
- Exceed expectations by adding unexpected value in every step of the process
- Marketing can be summed up by “getting people talking about you”
- Social media allows you to do three things: Entertain, Inform or Comment
In this short interview with Bluewire Media after the event, Mike O’Hagan shares how to use social media to promote your business.
Can you tell us: why use social media?
Easy, the best thing I could do with my business and MiniMovers is to get people to talk about me and social media is about getting people to talk about me.
What three things can you do to get people to talk about you?
- With social media you can entertain them, which is your viral videos.
- You can inform them, which is your blogs.
- Or you can get them to make comments about you and you can just go into Google and have a look at the comments and see what they’re saying about your business.
Those three things you need to address, that’s what social media’s all about.
You’ve said that advertising has changed. How do people now go looking for products?
A whole heap of people go into Google and stick something in that little hole and that’s where you’ve got to be, at the end of that hole. That’s the secret.
Mike continued by making the following observations.
Advertising has changed.
Now people will firstly google, then look at a website, then read reviews by other people. These days people rarely make decisions based on traditional ads because Google makes it so easy to get “real” reviews on companies. This transparency is what is changing the advertising world.
Plus you don’t need top quality for YouTube videos
Some of best viral videos are shot in-house on digital cameras. Blendtec’s “Will It Blend?” video series has had enormous success and the video of them blending an iPhone has had over 10 million hits alone.
And PR has changed too.
No longer do you just send a press release to journos & cross your fingers. Now journalists are sourcing their stories from the Internet on sites like blogs, PRweb and PRnewswire.
It’s well worth checking out Mike O’Hagan if you get the chance.
PS. Mike has been very generous with his time in mentoring Bluewire Media since the early days in 2005 when he addressed the small business group we were a part of. Thanks for your support and guidance Mike!
PPS. Mike’s presentation was organised by Freedom Events and it was hosted in excellent facilities and with friendly, personal service – well done!
Web Design Brisbane: If you’d like to know how Bluewire Media can help your business, please contact us on 1300 258 394.
- Fake negative comments - Jun 23, 2022
- 7 Offline Marketing Strategies That Your Online Brand Must Adopt - Jun 17, 2022