Big SEO wins over the years [#52]
[Paddington, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia]
One of our biggest search engine optimisation (SEO) wins was to get a backlink included in a news article on the Sydney Morning Herald which was then syndicated across 35 or so high authority news websites, each of which linked to Bluewire from a new domain.
Good day, Adam Franklin here. And I want to talk today about some of the SEO wins that I’ve had over the years, oftentimes by accident, but what I teach you today will help put you in the right position to be able to make the most of them. So as I said on previous videos, backlinks are a very, very important part of building your authority so that you get visibility on Google. Now, backlinks aren’t all created equal. Some are very valuable and some aren’t really worth much at all. In fact, some can be damaging, but that’s a another video. So high authority websites that have lots of trust, if they link to you, that trust and authority flows to your website.
So first thing, if ever your doing an interview or you’re speaking at a conference or you’re involved in some type of activity and you’re featured on a website or you’re quoted on a website, always be sure to ask the journalist or the blogger or whoever, the webmaster, if they wouldn’t mind linking back to your site.
That’s going to give you some good quality backlinks. Now, where that turned really powerful for us, almost by accident, was when we quoted in a particular news article. One of the journalists had actually liked one of the articles that Toby had written and wanted to do a piece talking about what Toby had talked about in the article.
The interesting thing was, we obviously asked for a back link and the journalist was happy to do that, but what happened was that that article then got syndicated across all the metro news websites in Australia. And what also happened is it got syndicated across all the regional news websites across Australia too. So that one article, with one backlink, ended up being syndicated across, I think about 35 or 40 different websites or the backlink, all different domains, all varying domain or authorities, but authorities typically in the eighties or nineties which is very high, and those backlinks, 30 to 40 of them, all pointed back to Bluewire Media. So in one hit, we got 30 to 40 good quality, high domain authority backlinks pointing to us. Now that had a significant impact on our own domain authority because those that link to you sort of pull you up because because their trust flows to you.
So that was one win that we’ve had on the SEO Front. And you can put yourself in the same position to benefit from that by simply being conscious of asking for backlinks whenever you’re mentioned or quoted on other people’s sites. Hope that helps today. Take care.
MY MARKETING METHODOLOGY
100 videos in 100 days. Want more?
This is part of my 100 videos in 100 days challenge.
PS. When you're ready, here are 5 ways we can help you grow:
1. Web Strategy Planning Template (PDF). Our flagship 1-page tool we co-created with David Meerman Scott. It’s been downloaded over 1 million times and featured on Forbes.
2. Read a free chapter from our book: Web Marketing That Works --- an Amazon #1 best seller.
3. Join my private invitation-only group on Facebook. It's a great place to get to know us better and hang out with peers.
4. Watch my pitch-free ‘LinkedIn Masterclass’ on optimising your profile, building your network and growing your B2B pipeline on LinkedIn.
5. Work directly with me. Book a LinkedIn Growth Session and we can explore how you can use LinkedIn to grow a pipeline of high-value B2B clients.
- 3 Tips for Better Public Speaking Presentations [#105] – Oct 18, 2019
- Top Inbound Marketing Tips for Ecommerce Websites – Oct 17, 2019
Content Marketing Sales Funnel
Your content marketing sales funnel is all about getting people to know, like and trust you by nurturing them with the right information at the right time.