Social Media TV #1 – Instagram, Facebook Timeline, Kony 2012
Welcome to the first episode of Social Media TV – a weekly video series where I’ll look at the Top 3 things happening in social media.
Here are this week’s Top 3:
1. Instagram, the photo sharing service has been acquired by Facebook for a whopping $1 billion.
2. Facebook’s Timeline upgrade has been mandatory for about a week and business owners are still grappling with what they can and can’t include in the Cover Image on the front of their Timeline. What you can’t include is your website URL, your contact details, any special offers or anything that encourages users to like or share that page. These are all in breach of Facebook’s terms and conditions and if you do include any of those things technically Facebook can permanently delete your page. So just be aware of those traps.
3. The Kony 2012 sequel film has been released and despite what you may think of the first film, this one addresses the criticisms the first one attracted and it aims to take that global awareness that the first one was so good at achieving and turning that into action to help limit the power of the LRA and more specifically its leader Joseph Kony.
Thanks for watching the first episode of Social Media TV. If you’d like to get these updates each week, you can follow @Franklin_Adam on twitter.
- Marketing ideas are easy [#64] – May 31, 2019
- If I was starting out with digital marketing & business [#63] – May 30, 2019