A survey template for your staff happiness [Bluewire News]
The template for you today is the Staff Happiness Survey Template for employee engagement. Whether you run a company, a small marketing team or have a single VA (virtual assistant), your team’s happiness is crucial to your success.
Download it as a Google Sheet (Login to Google > File > Make a Copy > Save > Form > Go To Live Form). There are “How to” instructions on the second tab too.
You can also download it as an Excel Spreadsheet (24 KB – XLS) but be warned, it won’t work as well because Excel can’t create an online form for people to fill in. The clunky way to make it work is to distribute the spreadsheet, get each person to fill it in and return it and then you collate the answers. If you are an Excel whiz or sucker for punishment, this is still an option if you don’t use Google.
You can also take the questions and use them in your own survey software!
The survey is a combination of the Gallup Q12 employee engagement questions, which are, “On a scale of 1-5…”
- Do I know what is expected of me at work?
- At work, do I have the opportunity to do what I do best every day (and what I love)?
- Do I have the materials and equipment I need to do my work right?
- In the last seven days, have I received recognition or praise for good work?
- Does my supervisor, or someone at work, seem to care about me as a person?
- Is there someone at work who encourages my development?
- At work, do my opinions seem to count?
- Does the mission/purpose of my company make me feel like my work is important?
- Are my co-workers committed to doing quality work?
- Do I have a good friend at work?
- In the last six months, have I talked with someone about my progress?
- At work, have I had opportunities to learn and grow?
Plus we ask the Employee Net Promoter Score question which is, “On a scale of 1-10, how likely are you to recommend working at _________ to a friend?”
The employee’s name is optional so they can maintain anonymity.
Finally we added a final question of our own, simply “All your feedback please?” The secret here is to ask for ‘all’ the feedback so you give permission to give feedback that they may otherwise be hesistant to give.
We’ve conducted this Staff Happiness Survey every quarter with our team for many years. It is just as effective for people you work with in person, as it is for remote workers. Read more about how to collate the results in Toby’s blog post.
In other news…
Our web marketing masterminds
Adam will be running ‘mastermind’ events where a small group (10 max) of marketers will come together to discuss their biggest challenges and opportunities. Everyone gets time in the hot seat. It’s a great format for marketing breakthroughs and perfect if you’ve read our book, love the templates and want to deep dive with peers for a day.
Tickets are $395 and include lunch. Register for:
Key Person of Influence is running their first Brand Accelerator of 2015 in Sydney this Saturday. We’ve been before and the value is huge, especially since tickets start from $37. Check it out here >>
If you’re keen to learn SEO yourself, add it to your freelance repertoire or simply sharpen your skills please check out Kate Toon‘s new SEO course. Kate is our guest from episode 52 of the podcast. Don’t spend another second crying into your backlink tissue or burying your head in the keyword sand – book the course, seriously!
Upcoming podcast guest and ‘connecting with VIPs expert’ John Corcoran is hosting a live online event called Networking With Purpose. It’s on Feb 10th at 3pm EST and you’ll learn how to develop a powerful network that you can use when you need it most.
Finally, if you know a friend who might like the Staff Happiness Survey Template, would you mind forwarding this on to them please?
Adam and Toby
PS. If you’ve been sent this by a friend you can subscribe to the Bluewire News and get all of our free templates like 15,606 fellow marketers have. Thanks ;-)
- How to nurture LinkedIn contacts into high-value clients – Oct 26, 2018
- LinkedIn Marketing Template Bundle – Sep 24, 2018