Last Wednesday night I went along to Cloudland to the Networx event Maximising The Media.
I wanted to find out a couple of things:
- Do journalists ever actually use press release submission sites?
- What amount of news stories in these particular journalists’ publications or broadcasts come from press releases?
- Is writing and sending a press release every time something notable happens in your company a good idea?
- What separates successful press releases from unsuccessful ones?
Happily, all my questions (and more) were answered by the panel of four journalists who included:
- Chris Hague, Breakfast Producer, 97.3FM