Top 3 marketing tips for business owners in 2020
Updated on February 16th, 2020
My 3 top digital marketing tips for 2020
[Bowen Hills, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia]
The online marketing tips for 2020 should help time-poor business owners focus on exactly the right things. There’s no tricks, just implement these three tips.
TRANSCRIPT: Top marketing tips in 2020 for small business owners
Today, I’m going to answer the question: what are my three best marketing strategies for 2020? And this question comes from my long-time friend and colleague, Kain Vodic.
We first connected when my book ‘Web Marketing That Works’ came out many, many years ago. And he’s asked this question with respect to busy business owners, who if they could just focus on three core things for 2020, what would they be? All right.
So, here they are.
Number #1: Share content on LinkedIn (Social media marketing)
Get in the habit of sharing useful snippets of content on social media platforms, but particularly LinkedIn. Now, it could be videos if that is what is easiest for you. It could be articles, texts posts, documents, or image posts. When people are seeing you show up regularly on their newsfeed, you’re getting on their radar. That’s number one.
Number #2: Create a simple client pathway (Lead nurturing and content marketing)
is to develop a very simple pathway, so that you can nurture somebody who starts off as a stranger on the internet, who discovers your content for the first time … a system to nurture them through to the point where either they’re ready to have a sales conversation with you, or they’re ready to join your email list. Now, it doesn’t have to be complicated. It could be as simple as once you’ve shared something on LinkedIn, and you’re engaging with people, then in the direct messages, the DMs, you could then invite them to download something, watch a free training session, or register for a webinar. And then they’re essentially on your mailing list, and you’ve got the opportunity to nurture a deeper relationship with them.
Number #3: Send a regular email newsletter (Email marketing)
This brings me to my third point, and that is to actually get in the habit of sending a regular email newsletter. It’s nothing new. It’s been around for decades, but it is definitely the most proven and effective marketing strategy.
I aim for a weekly newsletter. If you’re showing up in peoples’ inbox, you are allowing people to get to know, like, and trust you. And then you earn the opportunity to invite them to have a sales conversation to explore if or how you might be able to help.
My top digital marketing tips 2020 recap:
- Share useful snippets of content on LinkedIn,
- Build a system to nurture them across to your email list,
- Get in the habit of communicating with them regularly via your email newsletter.
My name is Adam Franklin. I hope that helps.
Want videos like these?
MY MARKETING METHODOLOGY
PS. When you're ready, here are 5 ways help consultants & advisors grow:
1. Web Strategy Planning Template (PDF). Our flagship 1-page tool we co-created with David Meerman Scott. It’s been downloaded over 1 million times and featured on Forbes.
2. Read a free chapter from our book: Web Marketing That Works --- an Amazon #1 best seller.
3. Join my private invitation-only group on Facebook. Get to know us better and hang out with your peers.
4. Watch my pitch-free 17 min ‘LinkedIn Crash Course for Consultants’ and get 10 PDF Guides when you register.
5. Book a Digital Growth Session. We can hop on a 15 minute call to explore how you can win high-value B2B clients!
Content Marketing Sales Funnel
Your content marketing sales funnel is all about getting people to know, like and trust you by nurturing them with the right information at the right time.