How do I get traffic to a brand new website? [#128]
Updated on July 25th, 2021
Get traffic to a new website for free
[Icebergs Pool, Bondi Beach, Sydney, NSW, Australia]
VIDEO: How do I get traffic to a brand new website?
TRANSCRIPT: Traffic to a new website?
Today’s question is,
“How do I get traffic to a brand new website?”
So, there’s a number of things to keep in mind here. First is, if you’re a brand new website, there’s very little chance of people finding you organically, so there’s a few things you need to do. First is to tell people about it. Now, let’s start with just people that you know already.
Send an email to people, even send a text messages to people. Let them know the URL so that they can click on it and check out your website. It helps if, obviously, the website’s got some good content on there that you can direct people to. So that’s the first step, just tell people.
Increase website traffic for free
Now, secondly, you’re going to want to utilise social media as well. Post the information on LinkedIn, on Facebook, on Twitter. That’s going to help get people knowing about your site and some traffic to it. I would also be looking at sites like Quora and Medium, and even Reddit.
Particularly Quora because you can answer people’s questions on there, you can provide an answer and link people back to your website. So these are all techniques that are going to help get traffic to a brandnew website.
Drive traffic to your new website
Now, the biggest mistake I actually see people make with a new website is they focus all their attention on publishing content to their own site and nowhere near enough time focused on promoting the content on their site.
If it’s a new site, I recommend 20% of the time on publishing content and 80% of the time promoting that content.
You don’t need a lot of blog articles, you just need a handful of good ones, and the rest of that time can be spent promoting it. So yeah, letting people know about it via email, letting people know about it on social media, and linking back to it from sites like Quora or Medium.
Increase website traffic with SEO
The final tip to be factoring in, as more of a pro-tip, but take a long-term view with SEO and as you publish content, be actively seeking backlinks to it. Writing to other bloggers, writing to influencers, writing to anybody who publishes content in a field that’s related to you, and give them a good reason to link back to your site.
It’s going to get a little bit of traffic, but more importantly, as a long-term play, those backlinks coming to your site is going to give you more visibility on Google, which is going to, hopefully, lead to a steady stream of visitors over the long-term to your site.
My name is Adam Franklin. Hope that helps.
MY MARKETING METHODOLOGY
PS. When you're ready, here are 6 ways we help consultants & advisors grow:
1. Web Strategy Planning Template (PDF). Our flagship 1-page tool we co-created with David Meerman Scott. It’s been downloaded over 1 million times and featured on Forbes.
2. Read a free chapter from our book. Web Marketing That Works --- an Amazon #1 best seller.
3. Join the private group on Facebook. Access free training resources, and hang out with 2,300+ peers.
4. Discover your marketing score. Take the 40 point Marketing Scorecard (in < 6mins) and get a customised report.
5. DIY for $7. Get the Complete 50+ Script Library for connecting with people to winning clients.6. Let's brainstorm how to fill your marketing funnel. DM the word "INTERESTED" via Messenger or book a 20 min slot to talk on Zoom.
- Fake negative comments - Jun 23, 2022
- 7 Offline Marketing Strategies That Your Online Brand Must Adopt - Jun 17, 2022