Trust based, permission selling for consultants [#127]
Updated on July 25th, 2021
Trust based selling for consultants
[Potts Point, Sydney, NSW, Australia]
VIDEO: Trust Based Selling
TRANSCRIPT: Trust based selling for consultants
One of the ways to approach selling is to approach it with a trust-based selling angle. And I find this really useful. So rather than the typical model of putting offers to people and just chasing them and chasing them and chasing them 13 times or 15 times or 17 times until they reach a decision, what I teach clients is a trust-based approach where, at each stage of the buying, decision-making journey, the prospect is actually self-selecting and validating their interest each step of the way.
For example, rather than put the entire offer out to everybody, what I encourage people to do is just put a little teaser email or a text message or a Facebook message or a LinkedIn message, but privately, and then only actually see then who responds.
Once they’ve responded, they’ve taken a little micro commitment or they’ve engaged in the process, and then you can take them on the next step and have a conversation or send them a little bit more information.
Why permission based selling is important
It’s important that there’s a back and forth, and that at each stage, they’re demonstrating their interest. This way, you don’t need to put your pricing, you don’t need to put your entire offer out to everybody, just the small handful of people that it’s actually appropriate for right now.
If you do that, if you allow people to self-select and engage in the process.
Then what happens is that, firstly, you’re only dealing with qualified and interested buyers.
But also, they are on an equal footing to you in as much as it’s not just you putting the offer and desperately chasing people, but you’re putting something out there that can help them.
If they’re engaging back and forth, it’s much more like a doctor/patient relationship where you book in time, you show up, you have a problem, you know somebody can solve it. And it’s a relationship where you’re a trusted advisor as opposed to a desperate salesperson.
My name is Adam Franklin. Hope that helps.
MY MARKETING METHODOLOGY
PS. When you're ready, here are 6 ways we help consultants & advisors grow:
1. Web Strategy Planning Template (PDF). Our flagship 1-page tool we co-created with David Meerman Scott. It’s been downloaded over 1 million times and featured on Forbes.
2. Read a free chapter from our book. Web Marketing That Works --- an Amazon #1 best seller.
3. Join the private group on Facebook. Access free training resources, and hang out with 2,300+ peers.
4. Discover your marketing score. Take the 40 point Marketing Scorecard (in < 6mins) and get a customised report.
5. DIY for $7. Get the Complete 50+ Script Library for connecting with people to winning clients.6. Let's brainstorm how to fill your marketing funnel. DM the word "INTERESTED" via Messenger or book a 20 min slot to talk on Zoom.
- Fake negative comments - Jun 23, 2022
- 7 Offline Marketing Strategies That Your Online Brand Must Adopt - Jun 17, 2022