Video blogging – tips to get started
Over the years we’ve recorded and shared dozens of video interviews with experts across a whole range of fields. Not only have we learned a whole lot ourselves through the knowledge of others, we’ve also been able to share a whole variety of perspectives with our own audience.
On the strategy side of things we have also generated hundreds of re-tweets, back-links and contacts through sharing these videos.
And while it’s as simple as recording, editing and posting a video, there are some nifty ways that you can leverage your video blogging (or vlogging) to make it more beneficial for your overall web strategy.
Video blogging benefits
- Networking – By asking for interviews with leaders in your field, you’re making yourself known to them and in turn your business will be known to those who follow those influential people,
- Search engine optimisation – If it’s a great video that’s informative, engaging or even funny people will share it and link back to you. And back-links are the currency of the web!
- Knowledge sharing – Through sharing information for free with your audience you are positioning your website as a source of information and your self as a leader in your field.
Tips ‘n’ tricks
- Sharing – When you upload a video share it through Twitter, Facebook, email newsletters and your blog. Ask your friends and followers to re-tweet it or otherwise share it.
- Transcribing – When you embed it on your blog you should also transcribe parts of the interview. By writing what is said in the video, you’re making those terms searchable and it’s better for your SEO. Google can’t hear videos but it can detect keywords in your copy.
- Feedback – Ask your friends and followers which videos they found most valuable. What topics would they like to know more about? Which experts would they like to hear from? Would they like to be interviewed?
- Talent – Interview leaders in the field sure, but what about you? What about your staff? A great way of sharing your own company’s knowledge and allowing your customers to see what you’re all about is to interview staff. After all, they’re what make your company what it is, right?
Video blogging Brisbane & Sydney: Need help generating ideas for interviews and drumming up interest?
Call us: 1300 258 394.