Weekly Content Planner Guide
On a recent LinkedIn poll I asked:
“How far in advance do you typically plan your content marketing?”
The results are:
Interestingly, over half of the respondents planned content a week ahead or less.
Well done, to the folks who plan Monthly (27%) or Quarterly (21%)!
But for the rest, how about we take a baby step and start making consistent plans ‘weekly’?
I actually feel that weekly plans have a very good cadence to them. When you plan too far ahead, like 12 months, you often need to change the plan several times along the way.
To help out, here is a Weekly Content Planner tool that I have adapted and find very useful.
Get instant access to the Weekly Content Planner (PDF). It’s a free download (opt-in required).
I also recorded this training video on LinkedIn Live to explain how I choose to use the planner. You should find it useful.
There is a ‘box’ for morning, lunch, afternoon, and evening for all 7 days of the week. However, I recommend aiming for consistency rather than filling in every square.
Personally, I like to colour in the boxes where I have a ‘live’ commitment, for example, a group coaching call, online workshop or virtual keynote.
The other boxes have a bit more flexibility but once they are filled in, I prefer to commit to them.
You can also watch this training in our Mini-Training section.
PS. When you're ready, here are 6 ways we help consultants & advisors grow:
1. Web Strategy Planning Template (PDF). Our flagship 1-page tool we co-created with David Meerman Scott. It’s been downloaded over 1 million times and featured on Forbes.
2. Read a free chapter from our book. Web Marketing That Works --- an Amazon #1 best seller.
3. Join the private group on Facebook. Access free training resources, and hang out with 2,300+ peers.
4. Discover your marketing score. Take the 40 point Marketing Scorecard (in < 6mins) and get a customised report.
5. DIY for $7. Get the Complete 50+ Script Library for connecting with people to winning clients.6. Let's brainstorm how to fill your marketing funnel. DM the word "INTERESTED" via Messenger or book a 20 min slot to talk on Zoom.
- Fake negative comments - Jun 23, 2022
- 7 Offline Marketing Strategies That Your Online Brand Must Adopt - Jun 17, 2022
Content Marketing Sales Funnel
Your content marketing sales funnel is all about getting people to know, like and trust you by nurturing them with the right information at the right time.