WMTW 050: Marc Lehmann – CEO of Saasu.com, Artisan and Minimalist
Updated on January 4th, 2017
“You are what you don’t automate.” Marc Lehmann (Tweet this)
So I loved this interview with Saasu’s CEO, founder and contrarian Marc Lehmann. For over a decade, Saasu has consciously challenged industry trends and norms to stay customer focussed. Aside from a ton of really great business and marketing advice, Marc also shares how his philosophies of minimalism and taking an artisan approach have helped him create a highly automated, scalable business.
- How Marc’s job as a trader gave him the idea to start Saasu.
- Why he has always deeply respected business owners and the challenges they face.
- He founded Saasu, an online accounting software business, out of his love for software and found a solution for accounting problems for business owners.
- Why he chose to invest in the depths of the dot com bust.
- How Marc keeps his team small as they maximize the use of automation.
- Saasu’s marketing philosophy through networks, quality content and letting their customers market for them.
- How they target specific groups of people instead of all people in their marketing.
- Why having a good relationship with your customers is important especially if they are included in a big network of potential customers.
- Why they market less often but with super high quality content.
- How Saasu uses partnering marketing.
- Why they only choose the partners that are client centric.
- Why an artisan approach in marketing and business matters.
- Why Marc believes in quality over quantity.
- Discover what a “Black Swan” event is.
- Marc’s advice: “Be true to yourself.”
- Antifragile: Things That Gain from Disorder
- The Black Swan: The Impact of the Highly Improbable (First edition)
- Fooled by Randomness: The Hidden Role of Chance in Life and in the Markets
Get in touch with Marc
Did you like this podcast?
If you liked this podcast, please click to tweet this show >>
We would love you to subscribe to Web Marketing That Works and please leave your honest reviews via:
Download the 33 free templates (11.2 MB – zip file) from our new book.
Or order the book online: Web Marketing That Works: Confessions from the Marketing Trenches (Wiley 2014).
- The Olympic story I reluctantly shared - Nov 20, 2015
- Time Management and Productivity Hacks of Billionaires & Olympians [Podcast] - Nov 18, 2015
Content Marketing Sales Funnel
Your content marketing sales funnel is all about getting people to know, like and trust you by nurturing them with the right information at the right time.