WMTW 053: Greg Merrilees on website conversion optimisation [podcast]
Updated on January 4th, 2017
“Offer something unique that nobody else can” ~Greg Merrilees (Tweet this)
- Started his T-shirt printing business when he was 16 years old.
- Greg learned content marketing online, specifically from podcast shows.
- Content marketing levels the marketing field for the small company to compete with bigger ones.
- Websites are a great help in automating the sales part of the business.
- Start with a free offer to get people on your list.
- Greg’s advice is to design a website that can run thru all platforms.
- Thank you pages are very important for your website; it can help in having a good lead that will attract customers to your funnel.
- Copy writing is also an area that business owners should focus and invest on.
- About page should not be about you, but rather how you could help your target customers.
- Video background greatly helps in conversion.
- Make sure that every posts or content in your website is shareable via social media.
- New trends in website design are clear space, larger images and typography, flat designs, ghost button, fashion colour palette and parallax effect.
Get in touch with Greg
- Visit his website Studio1Design
- Email him at greg[at]studio1design.com
Did you like this podcast?
If you liked this podcast, please click to tweet this show >>
We would love you to subscribe to Web Marketing That Works and please leave your honest reviews via:
Download the 33 free templates (11.2 MB – zip file) from our new book.
Or order the book online: Web Marketing That Works: Confessions from the Marketing Trenches (Wiley 2014).
Content Marketing Sales Funnel
Your content marketing sales funnel is all about getting people to know, like and trust you by nurturing them with the right information at the right time.