WMTW 060: Jeremy Miller from Sticky Branding [podcast]
“People buy from people and we buy from the people we like.” Jeremy Miller (Tweet this)
Adam Franklin chats to Jeremy Miller about building a sticky brand that stands out and attracts customers. What we can learn from big brands like Google and how that applies to small and medium businesses too.
- Jeremy is the President of Sticky Branding, a company that helps company’s build brands that stand out.
- Branding is the macro marketing strategy of what you are trying to create in terms of customer experience.
- 2 elements of a brand (and when these two match up, then you have a Sticky Brand)
- Internally: It’s the mission and vision that you say.
- Externally: It’s how you are perceived by other people.
- Customer relationship is what makes a brand stick.
- For small businesses, it’s not how you market, it’s how you serve your customers.
- Invest in online marketing to create a sticky brand as the web is the first point of contact nowadays.
- Sticky brands use tools to connect with their customers.
- Jeremy is not a fan of inbound marketing when it lacks the human relationship side.
- Marketing strategy serves the business strategy.
- Re-branding should always be the last resort.
- Crisis arises when a company goes against its core values.
- Sticky Branding: 12.5 Principles to Stand Out, Attract Customers, and Grow an Incredible Brand
- Spin Sucks: Communication and Reputation Management in the Digital Age
Get in touch with Jeremy
- Know more about the book Sticky Branding:12.5 Principles to Stand Out, Attract Customers, and Grow an Incredible Brand
- Visit his website at Stickybranding.com
- Follow him at twitter @StickyBranding
Did you like this podcast?
If you liked this podcast, please click to tweet this show >>
We would love you to subscribe to Web Marketing That Works and please leave your honest reviews via:
Download the 33 free templates (11.2 MB – zip file) from our new book.
Or order the book online: Web Marketing That Works: Confessions from the Marketing Trenches (Wiley 2014).
- Marketing ideas are easy [#64] – May 31, 2019
- If I was starting out with digital marketing & business [#63] – May 30, 2019
Content Marketing Sales Funnel
Your content marketing sales funnel is all about getting people to know, like and trust you by nurturing them with the right information at the right time.