WMTW 074: Toby Carlisle – Fund manager, author, blogger and the Acquirers Multiple [podcast]
“Read lots and lots to get an idea of what the arguments are.” Toby Carlisle (Tweet this)
Toby Carlisle talks to Toby Jenkins about the marketing strategy and process for investment funds and his lessons from his journey to establishing authority: blogging, national media coverage, Twitter, influencer outreach and much more.
- Toby founded an investment firm in Los Angeles named Eyquem Investment Management.
- Co-authored the book “Quantitative Value, + Web Site: A Practitioner’s Guide to Automating Intelligent Investment and Eliminating Behavioral Errors,” and is the author of the book “Deep Value: Why Activist Investors and Other Contrarians Battle for Control of Losing Corporations.”
- How he has used his books and blog to build his authority.
- Toby’s strategies for getting national media eg Bloomberg, Yahoo Finance, Sky Business
- His writing process for 1000 words per day.
- Why knowing both sides of the argument is crucial to creating great content.
- The importance of titles and headlines.
- Quantitative Value, + Web Site: A Practitioner’s Guide to Automating Intelligent Investment and Eliminating Behavioral Errors
- “Deep Value: Why Activist Investors and Other Contrarians Battle for Control of Losing Corporations
- What Works on Wall Street, Fourth Edition: The Classic Guide to the Best-Performing Investment Strategies of All Time
Get in touch with Toby
- Visit his blog GreenBackd.com
- Visit his website AcquirersMultiple.com
- Follow him on twitter @Greenbackd
Did you like this podcast?
If you liked this podcast, please click to tweet this show >>
We would love you to subscribe to Web Marketing That Works and please leave your honest reviews via:
Download the 33 free templates from our new book.
Or order the book online: Web Marketing That Works: Confessions from the Marketing Trenches (Wiley 2014).
- The Olympic story I reluctantly shared - Nov 20, 2015
- Time Management and Productivity Hacks of Billionaires & Olympians [Podcast] - Nov 18, 2015
Content Marketing Sales Funnel
Your content marketing sales funnel is all about getting people to know, like and trust you by nurturing them with the right information at the right time.