WMTW 122: David Nihill from “Do you talk funny?” [Podcast]
Updated on January 4th, 2017
“The easiest laugh comes from acknowledging the obvious.” David Nihill (Tweet this)
In this episode I talk to David Nihill about funny public speaking, its do’s and dont’s and telling a funny story.
- He is the author of the book “Do You Talk Funny? 7 Comedy Habits to Become a Better (and Funnier) Public Speaker.”
- Started getting traction by offering his book for free.
- He was terrified of public speaking as a beginner.
- Techniques on being a funny public speaker
- Create a list of funny stories
- Stick funny images on your presentation
- Create a funny sequence
- Q and A at the end
- A long bio and introduction
- Tell your joke as a story
Get in touch with David
- Get David’s 80 tips at 7comedyhabits.com
- Get his book at Do You Talk Funny? 7 Comedy Habits to Become a Better (and Funnier) Public Speaker
- Email him at david[at]funnybizz.co
- Follow him on Twitter @FunnyBizzSF
Did you like this podcast?
If you liked this podcast, please click to tweet this show >>
We would love you to subscribe to Web Marketing That Works and please leave your honest reviews via:
Download the 33 free templates from our new book.
Or order the book online: Web Marketing That Works: Confessions from the Marketing Trenches (Wiley 2014).
- Fake negative comments - Jun 23, 2022
- 7 Offline Marketing Strategies That Your Online Brand Must Adopt - Jun 17, 2022
Content Marketing Sales Funnel
Your content marketing sales funnel is all about getting people to know, like and trust you by nurturing them with the right information at the right time.