SNEAK PEEK inside the premium Double My Leads course.
Lesson: The Power of Flagship Content
Flagship content is a valuable piece of downloadable content that:
- you are known for
- is so valuable people would pay you for (if you asked them)
- you give it away as a gift
- often referred to a lead magnet
- and generally speaking you would house it on a landing page where people would identify themselves via entering their email address.
Everything else you do with your web marketing hinges on your flagship content. In the sea of noise on the internet it is very important to lead with generosity so that people can begin to know, like and trust you.
It should be really valuable and a good rule of thumb is that if it feels like you are giving away “too much” then you are right on the money. It is your opportunity to stand out from the crowd and deliver value (for free) when most other people, like your competitors are being greedy and not sharing their knowledge.
This is the starting point of your web marketing asset.
A common objection is “what if people take my flagship content and never buy from me?”
My response to that is twofold:
- By sharing it freely you will attract a whole new bunch of leads who may become clients eventually. If you didn’t publish the flagship content you wouldn’t have these leads in the first place!
- Only a small percentage of people who download your flagship content will actually buy from you. For me it’s only about 5-10%, so as you increase the number of leads, you increase the number of clients. As for the non-buyers, well you’ve got the opportunity to share your IP with the marketplace and help lots of people. These are people that may share it with their friends and be advocates of yours. This word of mouth is very powerful. Plus generosity scales on the web, so why not help more people, knowing that some will become clients?