Why marketing is important to me [#132]
Updated on June 25th, 2020
Why is marketing important?
[Cargo Wharf, Melbourne CBD, Victoria, Australia]
Today’s question is:
“Why marketing is important to me?”
TRANSCRIPT: Why digital marketing is important to me
Hey there, it’s Adam Franklin. And in this video, I just want to share why marketing is important to me.
And to share, I guess, my philosophy and my approach to it because I understand that there’s lots of different approaches out there, some of which rub me the wrong way, others don’t, and I’ve chosen to emulate the types of marketing and the types of communication that have resonated most with me.
When I first started Bluewire back in 2005, we were very heavily influenced by people like David Meerman Scott and Seth Godin, and what I loved about their approach was that marketing should be helpful, marketing should be generous and that has been an approach that we have tried to embody and emulate at Bluewire.
You will have noticed, most likely that we release a whole bunch of free marketing templates. And we hold nothing back. These are very often the exact same templates we use with our own clients, and I’ll share all of those with you shortly.
But, what I have found is that if we can use marketing from a generous perspective and not make people jump through a million hoops just to get anything valuable, but have low friction, lead with some of your best stuff, but always have a journey that people can go on with you. But always have a journey that people can go on with you.
That’s what I teach my private clients. But as well as that, it’s not just, my material isn’t just for my private clients, like, there’s 30,000 people that subscribe to the Bluewire News and I want to create stuff that is useful for everybody as well as my private clients.
Digital marketing journey
What you’ll hopefully experience with the marketing material that I share is that it’s useful on it’s own, and it guides you to the next step of the journey. You can take that journey as fast or as slow as you like.
That’s what I encourage you to consider as well.
- What have you already got that’s useful?
- What can you share with the world?
- And what journey can you take your clients on with you?
So, if you would like my free marketing templates, there’s a link to that or just leave a comment saying “templates” and I’ll make sure they’re going to find their way to you.
That’s a bit of a snapshot of my marketing philosophy:
Low friction, be generous, take people on a journey with you, and if that appeals, then stick around, have a look at all my templates, follow my blog and I’ll see you on future videos or on my regular Bluewire News email.
My name is Adam Franklin. Hope that helps.
MY MARKETING METHODOLOGY
PS. When you're ready, here are 5 ways help consultants & advisors grow:
1. Web Strategy Planning Template (PDF). Our flagship 1-page tool we co-created with David Meerman Scott. It’s been downloaded over 1 million times and featured on Forbes.
2. Read a free chapter from our book: Web Marketing That Works --- an Amazon #1 best seller.
3. Join my private invitation-only group on Facebook. Get to know us better and hang out with your peers.
4. Watch my pitch-free 17 min ‘LinkedIn Crash Course for Consultants’ and get 10 PDF Guides when you register.
5. Book a Digital Growth Session. We can hop on a 15 minute call to explore how you can win high-value B2B clients!