WMTW 123: Jay Baer – Hug Your Haters [Podcast]
“Criticism is the laboratory for improvement.” Jay Baer (Tweet this)
In this episode I chat to Jay Baer about customer service, responding to negative comments and hugging your haters.
- Jay is the author of the book “Hug Your Haters: How to Embrace Complaints and Keep Your Customers.”
- Negative comments cannot be avoided; it should be treated as a favour
- Only 5% of unhappy customers complain
- When you don’t answer a complaint it decreases customer advocacy by up to 60%
- When you answer a complaint it increases customer advocacy by 25%
- Grab a screen capture before deleting anything
- Use “Social Media Listening” software to get a better overview of all the feedback
- Great customer service makes a company great
Get in touch with Jay
- Go to his website HugYourHaters.com
- Get his new book Hug Your Haters: How to Embrace Complaints and Keep Your Customers
- Follow him on Twitter @jaybaer
Did you like this podcast?
If you liked this podcast, please click to tweet this show >>
We would love you to subscribe to Web Marketing That Works and please leave your honest reviews via:
Download the 33 free templates from our new book.
Or order the book online: Web Marketing That Works: Confessions from the Marketing Trenches (Wiley 2014).
- WMTW 136: James Parnwell from The Online CO [Podcast] – Jul 20, 2016
- WMTW 135: Danny Flood from OpenWorldMag.com [Podcast] – Jul 13, 2016
Content Marketing Sales Funnel
Your content marketing sales funnel is all about getting people to know, like and trust you by nurturing them with the right information at the right time.