Build trust & shorten your sales cycle [#46]
Updated on May 21st, 2019
[Customs House, Brisbane, Australia]
Here’s how to build trust and shorten your sales cycle with digital marketing. It involves building your network on LinkedIn and sharing useful IP as content.
Hi folks, it’s Adam Franklin here again.
Today I just want to talk about two other pillars of my marketing methodology and how they impact your growth. So the two pillars that I want to cover today are LinkedIn and also the IP that you unpack and publish as content.
So on LinkedIn that’s really the area where we want to be connecting with people. Growing our networking, deepening the relationships with the people in that network and when you overlay that with the IP that you unpack and that you can share as content, whether they’re videos or flagship content, or articles, or whatever. Then what you’ll find happening is that you will develop more trust with the people in your network. So you’re connected on LinkedIn and if you share valuable IP and content, well that’s going to deepen the trust and what happens when people know, like, and trust you is that, that actually shortens the sale cycle. So you will find that if people know, like, and trust you already before you’re having that sales conversation, well they’re much more likely to buy immediately or much sooner than if they don’t have that level of trust.
So there you go. When the LinkedIn / Connecting pillar overlays with the Content & IP pillar, well you educate people. What happens is you develop trust in relationships and that shortens your sale cycle.
That’s it from me at Customs House in Brisbane. I’ll see you later.
MY MARKETING METHODOLOGY
100 videos in 100 days. Want more?
This is part of my 100 videos in 100 days challenge.
PS. When you're ready, here are 5 ways help consultants & advisors grow:
1. Web Strategy Planning Template (PDF). Our flagship 1-page tool we co-created with David Meerman Scott. It’s been downloaded over 1 million times and featured on Forbes.
2. Read a free chapter from our book: Web Marketing That Works --- an Amazon #1 best seller.
3. Join my private invitation-only group on Facebook. Get to know us better and hang out with your peers.
4. Watch my pitch-free 17 min ‘LinkedIn Crash Course for Consultants’ and get 10 PDF Guides when you register.
5. Book a Digital Growth Session. We can hop on a 15 minute call to explore how you can win high-value B2B clients!
Content Marketing Sales Funnel
Your content marketing sales funnel is all about getting people to know, like and trust you by nurturing them with the right information at the right time.