How to create more social media content [#119]
Updated on March 8th, 2020
Create more content for social media platforms
[Manly Headland, Sydney, NSW, Australia]
VIDEO: “How do I create so much content for social media?”
The question I want to answer today is:
“How do I find the time to actually to create so much content for the various digital marketing platforms?”
This question is from Bobby, and he asked me via LinkedIn.
Now, while sometimes it seems quite prolific when people do produce lots of content, the reality is it only takes a little bit of discipline and not as much time and effort as you might think.
Create social media content
Let me just talk you through a few things that I do. The first is to actually just keep a record of different things that you can share with people. So questions that you’re asked in meetings, questions that you’re asked via email, or even just looking at websites like AnswerThePublic.com, where there’s a record of questions that people want answered. So you can just spend a couple of minutes answering those questions, just on a video like this. And that’s super simple.
Social media content production strategy
Now from that, what is also really simple is to get a transcript of the video. So I use Rev.com. It’s a dollar per minute. So a two minute video costs $2. Then I get a transcript. That can also then serve as a PDF download to accompany the video. It can also provide the text for a blog post. The great thing, then, is you can also repurpose this content.
5 types of social media content you can repurpose
For example, on LinkedIn, you can now post content:
- as a post, like text only,
- as an article, like a more full length piece of content,
- an image post,
- a video post,
- and you can actually upload documents to it.
So that’s five different types of content that you can publish, even just on LinkedIn alone, that comes from a short one to two-minute video.
And if that one to two-minute video then gives you at least a month’s worth, or even six weeks’ worth of content to be sharing, even just on LinkedIn, but ideally on your blog and email newsletter too.
You can see how a very small investment of time and effort can have a huge, huge impact with the amount of content that you’re publishing.
How to get more attention on social media
The good thing to remember as well is that two to three minutes spent talking to a camera, and then converted into text and repurposed and published across different platforms is a much better use of time, because hundreds, or likely thousands of people are going to see the various outputs from this piece of content. But having the same conversation one-on-one, or even one-to-five, or one-to-10 in a meeting, it’s going to take a lot more time to do it in person.
But the digital version of you can be doing a lot of the heavy lifting and reach a lot more people. So that’s my answer.
My name is Adam Franklin. I hope that helps. See you!
MY MARKETING METHODOLOGY
PS. When you're ready, here are 5 ways help consultants & advisors grow:
1. Web Strategy Planning Template (PDF). Our flagship 1-page tool we co-created with David Meerman Scott. It’s been downloaded over 1 million times and featured on Forbes.
2. Read a free chapter from our book: Web Marketing That Works --- an Amazon #1 best seller.
3. Join my private invitation-only group on Facebook. Get to know us better and hang out with your peers.
4. Watch my pitch-free 17 min ‘LinkedIn Crash Course for Consultants’ and get 10 PDF Guides when you register.
5. Book a Digital Growth Session. We can hop on a 15 minute call to explore how you can win high-value B2B clients!
- Remote work is here to stay, is your business ready for it? - Mar 20, 2020
- Building Your First Business Website – 9 Essential Tips - Mar 19, 2020
Content Marketing Sales Funnel
Your content marketing sales funnel is all about getting people to know, like and trust you by nurturing them with the right information at the right time.