#1 Marketing focus: Build the relationship with your audience [#113]
What should my #1 marketing focus be on?
[Manly headland, Sydney, NSW, Australia]
VIDEO – Marketing’s #1 focus should be: Build the relationship with your audience
TRANSCRIPT: Your biggest business asset is the relationship with your audience
The question I want to answer today is, what should I be focusing on most with my online marketing?
And the answer to that is the relationship you have with your audience. You always want to be increasing your audience, but more importantly, strengthening the relationship you’ve got with them. So, there’s a few different ways to do this.
Step 1: Build the relationship with your audience, 1-on-1
The first is literally just introducing yourself to people through LinkedIn. Reaching out to them, adding them to your network, and having conversations with them. It’s powerful. It’s easy to do. But of course, it’s manual and it does take a little bit of time. But it’s the best starting place.
Step 2: Develop and email marketing relationship with your audience
From there, what you really want to do is have a system whereby you invite them to join your email list. So, you can do this through things like, hosting a webinar or having a piece of flagship content that you offer, where they register with their name and email, and in doing so, they join your mailing list. You want to, because once they’re on the mailing list, well then you can actually communicate with people at scale. It’s a lot easier to send an email that goes out to a hundred people, than it is to do a hundred individual messages to people on LinkedIn.
Step 3: Build a marketing system with a clear client journey
It’s building a system and it’s putting the building blocks in place, so that you have an audience, and you increase the level of trust, and amplify the relationship with those people. So, that’s what we should always be doing.
Always be taking people one step closer, taking them on a journey so that they get to know, like and trust you and you’re building an asset, which is your audience and the relationship you have with that audience.
My name is Adam Franklin. I hope that helps.
MY MARKETING METHODOLOGY
PS. When you're ready, here are 5 ways help consultants & advisors grow:
1. Web Strategy Planning Template (PDF). Our flagship 1-page tool we co-created with David Meerman Scott. It’s been downloaded over 1 million times and featured on Forbes.
2. Read a free chapter from our book: Web Marketing That Works --- an Amazon #1 best seller.
3. Join my private invitation-only group on Facebook. Get to know us better and hang out with 1700+ peers.
4. Watch my pitch-free 17 min ‘LinkedIn Crash Course for Consultants’ and get 10 PDF Guides when you register.
5. Work with us direct DM the word "INTERESTED" to us via Messenger and we'll suggest how I can help.
- Should I add post nominals on my LinkedIn Profile? #142 - Jul 21, 2021
- The Common Path to Uncommon Success - Mar 28, 2021
Content Marketing Sales Funnel
Your content marketing sales funnel is all about getting people to know, like and trust you by nurturing them with the right information at the right time.