How to generate content ideas for social media [#68]
Updated on March 8th, 2020
Learn how to generate content ideas
[Victoria Park Golf Club, Herston, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia]
The question I address today is “How do I come up with content ideas?’. Here’s my answer.
VIDEO: How to come up with content ideas for social media
Good day folks, as you know, I’m doing this 100 day challenge, doing a hundred videos in a hundred days. And a lot of people have asked me, how do I think of what to say each time? And it comes from a variety of inspirations.
Ideas for content creation
So, the first is obviously reader questions or client questions.
So I’ll often record a short video after meeting with a client or getting an email response from a reader. That certainly is easy to answer.
Original content marketing ideas
Alternatively, when I am running out of ideas, I turn to a website called Answer The Public.com. So what that does is it looks through all the information of search queries that people are typing into Google and it gives you all the questions related to a particular topic that you’re interested in.
You can use them tips to create content ideas for social media too.
MY MARKETING METHODOLOGY
PS. When you're ready, here are 6 ways we help consultants & advisors grow:
1. Web Strategy Planning Template (PDF). Our flagship 1-page tool we co-created with David Meerman Scott. It’s been downloaded over 1 million times and featured on Forbes.
2. Read a free chapter from our book. Web Marketing That Works --- an Amazon #1 best seller.
3. Join the private group on Facebook. Access free training resources, and hang out with 2,300+ peers.
4. Discover your marketing score. Take the 40 point Marketing Scorecard (in < 6mins) and get a customised report.
5. DIY with the 50+ Script Library. It's for connecting with new people and nurturing them into high-value clients.6. Let's brainstorm how to fill your marketing funnel. DM the word "INTERESTED" via Messenger or book a 20 min slot to talk on Zoom.
Content Marketing Sales Funnel
Your content marketing sales funnel is all about getting people to know, like and trust you by nurturing them with the right information at the right time.