How to get a good testimonial [#60]
[Paddington, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia]
At the most basic and effective level, there is a simple question that will yield great testimonials every time.
It is: “When you are having a casual conversation with a friend tonight how would you explain the most valuable thing you’ve learned today, and what are you going to implement?”
G’day, it’s Adam Franklin, and today I want to talk to you about a framework for getting good quality testimonials. Because a lot of the time when we do solicit testimonials, people don’t really know what to say, and so they put these testimonials that aren’t as compelling as they could be.
Now a way to prep people to give good testimonials is to say, imagine you are having a casual conversation with a friend tonight. What would you say was the most valuable thing you’ve learned today and what are you going to implement as a result of that?
Now, when you frame it that way, people can very easily picture themselves talking with a friend and therefore they can convey that energy. They can convey that value that they learned from you into a testimonial.
So hat tip to my friend Christo Patty. We were talking about this the other day and I just wanted to put this into a video for you. So I hope that framework helps. See you later.
MY MARKETING METHODOLOGY
100 videos in 100 days. Want more?
This is part of my 100 videos in 100 days challenge.
PS. When you're ready, here are 5 ways we can help you grow:
1. Web Strategy Planning Template (PDF). Our flagship 1-page tool we co-created with David Meerman Scott. It’s been downloaded over 1 million times and featured on Forbes.
2. Read a free chapter from our book: Web Marketing That Works --- an Amazon #1 best seller.
3. Join my private invitation-only group on Facebook. It's a great place to get to know us better and hang out with peers.
4. Watch my pitch-free ‘LinkedIn 101’ on-demand training on improving your profile, building your network and growing your pipeline on LinkedIn.
5. Work directly with me. Book a LinkedIn Growth Session and we can explore how you can get 10 new sales conversations in the next 30 days.
- Why Your Business Needs Digital Marketing in 2020 – Sep 12, 2019
- How to Successfully Hire & Retain ‘A Players’ for Your Team – Jul 13, 2019
Content Marketing Sales Funnel
Your content marketing sales funnel is all about getting people to know, like and trust you by nurturing them with the right information at the right time.