How to get a good testimonial [#60]
Updated on March 8th, 2020
How to collect testimonials
[Paddington, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia]
At the most basic and effective level, there is a simple question that will yield great testimonials every time.
It is: “When you are having a casual conversation with a friend tonight how would you explain the most valuable thing you’ve learned today, and what are you going to implement?”
VIDEO: Get a good testimonial
G’day, it’s Adam Franklin, and today I want to talk to you about a framework for getting good quality testimonials. Because a lot of the time when we do solicit testimonials, people don’t really know what to say, and so they put these testimonials that aren’t as compelling as they could be.
Framework and questions to ask your customers
Now a way to prep people to give good testimonials is to say:
“Imagine you are having a casual conversation with a friend tonight. What would you say was the most valuable thing you’ve learned today and what are you going to implement as a result of that?”
How to get video testimonials from customers
Now, when you frame it that way, people can very easily picture themselves talking with a friend and therefore they can convey that energy. They can convey that value that they learned from you into a video testimonial.
So hat tip to my friend Christo Patty. We were talking about this the other day and I just wanted to put this into a video for you. So I hope that framework helps. See you later.
MY MARKETING METHODOLOGY
PS. When you're ready, here are 5 ways help consultants & advisors grow:
1. Web Strategy Planning Template (PDF). Our flagship 1-page tool we co-created with David Meerman Scott. It’s been downloaded over 1 million times and featured on Forbes.
2. Read a free chapter from our book: Web Marketing That Works --- an Amazon #1 best seller.
3. Join my private invitation-only group on Facebook. Get to know us better and hang out with your peers.
4. Watch my pitch-free 17 min ‘LinkedIn Crash Course for Consultants’ and get 10 PDF Guides when you register.
5. Book a Digital Growth Session. We can hop on a 15 minute call to explore how you can win high-value B2B clients!
- Remote work is here to stay, is your business ready for it? - Mar 20, 2020
- Building Your First Business Website – 9 Essential Tips - Mar 19, 2020
Content Marketing Sales Funnel
Your content marketing sales funnel is all about getting people to know, like and trust you by nurturing them with the right information at the right time.